Mixing Beats ....

d00ban

I don't know man. I've used mixed in key and rapid evolution. Both programs are incorrect on most of tunes. Try to find original key of the song and then compare it with results that you have in program.

I haven't used it personally, but have checked out the results as you have pretty much. What I found was that it often isn't right (maybe not 80% wrong like you said though), but when it's wrong it usually says either the relative major/minor of what the track actually is. Or a 5th up/4th down. Meaning to non-nerd ears (i.e. 93% of the population) it would sound fine. So those people would report a higher success rate than you and I, and for their purposes they're right.

2 cents anyways

^^yeah, it's not perfect but a fair guide. Just like how serato is wrong a lot on their bpm scan. It's only a tool. But it helps loads for covering large amounts of music quick click.

that would kinda make sense - alot of old samples are tricky to get into key as they have either weird notes in the first place, or the recording techniques introduce some element of weirdness that makes it slightly out of tune. eg tape being stretched or the motor of the tape deck being wonky. or maybe the room they recorded in had a funny mode.

^^what he said

Also a lot of music, especially electronic music, is atonal. The key is either ambiguous or the music is out of standard key in a huge amount of house and techno. And songs with key changes are obviously going to have more than one key in them.

• Like 1