Scratch ID

Jacken

The thread you posted this in wasn't really appropriate man, so I split your post off and made a new thread out of it.

That scratch does sound like a chirp/OG flare combo to me. It sounds a bit like dicing, but you can tell he's not doing that from the fader movements, so I'd say it's an OG flare.

I thought the og flare is 2 sounds forwards/1 back?

this sounds to me like its chirp / reverese og combo.

Start open fader, chirp, push forward & close fader, pull back record in a tearing motion while tapping the fader twice, leaving the fader open at the end.

I would do a video, but I'm gonna go for a cooked breaky instead.

^^Yeah, I think he is. He's doing what Eric said. Technically an OG flare is putting a gap into the forward motion, but I've always used that term for doing it either way.

DJ Aladdin used to do tears with clicks in them like that back in 89/90.

To be fair he makes everything sound dope in that vid

Yes. One of the best freestyle videos I've seen. Most of elements he is doing are chirps and stabs but they're perfectly combined together and sounds better than some of ultra hard buttefly teared flares.

^^Yeah, I think he is. He's doing what Eric said. Technically an OG flare is putting a gap into the forward motion, but I've always used that term for doing it either way.

Yea Q-bert calls them OG flares whether the click is fwd or back too... like when breaking down prisms he explains it's an OG flare fwd then OG flare back.

yeh people already pretty much got this answered. in the file he starts off the pattern early to stick an extra chirp in before going into repeats of chirp to two reverse teared og flares. the patterns a regular time scratch with with 8 sounds in all (2 from chirp, 3+3 from og flare sounds).

• 4 months later...
Guest broke

scratch combo from 39 to 45 second don't let me sleep at night. any ideas?

TRYING TO OVERSTAND THE RUCK IS LIKE TRYING TO CATCH A FART WITH CHOPSTICKS

Guest broke

yeaaa, that cut is sick, I think it's just chirp/crescent flares that are really precise... there could be something extra though, I'll give it a go when I get near my decks

It is chirp/crescent flares, at least some of it is. There's some extra transforming in there too I think