new freestyle

Jon

Nice mate! I've heard *that* phrase starter a million times from you, you know the one, but you can definitely tell you're using new patterns!

The alternating high/low pitching right? I don't know how to get out of it, it's like a form of ocd where if I do a pattern with a high pitch I have to follow it a few bars later with a low pitch otherwise it feels incomplete and lacking in flow :/ I don't like doing patterns without pitching, they sound too formulaic or textbook to me otherwise, but I agree I need to have some switch ups in flow. I don't want to bite other DJs patterns/flows but it might be beneficial for me to study other people's flows more maybe?

If you start messing with other flows you might loose a bit of cleanliness is all I'm gonna say... At the min you got a really nice in the pocket kind of flow that sounds really clean and funky. Everyone used to say how clean my cuts were but then I started trying to do lots of syncopated stuff with different rhythms and it sort defo had an effect.

• Like 1

it was the start of the aah where you go chirp, crab, transform over different speed pulls that I was referring to, yeah - i wouldn't worry too much about progress though mate you've no competition from this end :p

Here's one thing i've noticed after watching a few times though: you very rarely transform over a slow record movement, or even make very slow babies. maybe that's a way you could immediately change the style up without actually doing anything drastic in terms of patterns or flow...

it was the start of the aah where you go chirp, crab, transform over different speed pulls that I was referring to, yeah - i wouldn't worry too much about progress though mate you've no competition from this end :p

Here's one thing i've noticed after watching a few times though: you very rarely transform over a slow record movement, or even make very slow babies. maybe that's a way you could immediately change the style up without actually doing anything drastic in terms of patterns or flow...

Gotcha!

And noted on slow babies/transforms :) Cheers mate :)

WHAT IS THAT CHRISTMAS TREE DOING IN BETWEEN YOUR TURNTABLES

ALSO, IF YOU PUSH THE FADER ALL THE WAY OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE YOU WON'T HEAR THE NEEDLE WHEN YOU PICK IT UP AND MOVE IT

other than that, some nice stuff there!

ALSO, IF YOU PUSH THE FADER ALL THE WAY OVER TO THE OTHER SIDE YOU WON'T HEAR THE NEEDLE WHEN YOU PICK IT UP AND MOVE IT

LOL

i think the 62 might be one of the uglier mixers in recent times! I'm hoping someone hacks how to change the colours of the lights so they're not so abrasive

LOL

i think the 62 might be one of the uglier mixers in recent times! I'm hoping someone hacks how to change the colours of the lights so they're not so abrasive

That would would be great... unfortunately it seems to be a trend in audio gear this year e.g. the new Maschine :unsure: