DV Tinychat scratch room now up!

Steve

Guest Symatic

I think we all know the truth of it is most people were logging on to cut with Pekked. Obviously. He is a DMC champ. He left so everyone followed him. It's pretty obvious. At least that's how I see it.

thats what i'm saying. i think thats reading too much into it and its easy to jump to conclusions, but on the other hand, im one of the people whos on tinychat most days. vek's in there a lot, rich rufftone is in there a lot. you know whats nice? theres no IM THE DMC DUDE bullshit. everyones cool, and the only reason peeps move from one room to the other is cos they go where the action is. sometimes, like now, one room gets all the love, but for weeks and weeks before TTW only had canadians in it, and DV was busy. maybe itll swing back.

often people move out of ttw when its busy or full of kids wanting to chat shit or people wanting to discuss some shit, while others wanna get on and cut.

sayin we all ran out on dv is bollocks in my opinion. theres IS a online turntablist community, they link up every night in one of 3 tiny chat rooms. sometimes its DV, sometimes its TTW. just cos a couple of weeks of flat statistics shows up doesnt mean everyones sheeps to vekkeds magical shepherd powers.

no one minds when I spend the evening cheating on the DV room with b4b russia.... gahd im SUCH a chatroom slut!

• Like 1

Guest petesasqwax

It's a bore TBH tho. I made an awesome troll account and nobody would even respond to me. Boo.

Don't take it personal tho, Steve. We all know how much time you put into DV. It's much appreciated even if you think it's not. It is.

point 1: I feel your pain, Holmes. I felt the same when I created the Snatch Perverts, Tony Anus and Prime Cunts. yeah, I outed myself - I was Tony Anus and Prime Cunts on SNIG - pretend to care, biaotches!

point 2: this. x10.

Guest petesasqwax

no one minds when I spend the evening cheating on the DV room with b4b russia.... gahd im SUCH a chatroom slut!

you do WHAT???
DAMN YOU, SY - WE ARE SO OVER!

PM me when ur on. Might not work out b/c of the time difference but I'd be gayme

you complete me, Diggs *swoon*

edit: i fail at quoting two separate posts in the same post. christmas is ruined

• 2 months later...

my take on the topic discussed earlier.. i think the reason no one uses the dv chat room now is because its just not as active as the ttw room. the only reason im in it at the moment is there wasnt anyone in ttw tinychat half an hour ago so i thought id try here. regardless of how people feel about vekked, one of the most active members in dv chat used to be him and he was part of why it started to get popular as he rallied people to it when he was on. its the same reason the tinychat room on ttw usually has people in it. If people want an active room here then maybe stop whining about it and start showing up to it and link people to it again. Steve, you may have created the room for everyone to use, but i never saw you in it (i dont think not scratching is reason not to take part in it, if its a community thing you want to make work) so theres no point in pointing fingers at people moving elsewhere. People move if a rooms dead most the time, its just the way it is. It has nothing to do with betrayal. people arent gonna be loyal to a scratch chatroom with hardly anyone in it.. same shit happens in paltalk rooms.

• Like 1

Steve, you may have created the room for everyone to use, but i never saw you in it (i dont think not scratching is reason not to take part in it, if its a community thing you want to make work) so theres no point in pointing fingers at people moving elsewhere. People move if a rooms dead most the time, its just the way it is. It has nothing to do with betrayal. people arent gonna be loyal to a scratch chatroom with hardly anyone in it.. same shit happens in paltalk rooms.

I made it because it was requested, not because I want to use it. What would I do in there if I wasn't scratching?

And I know I'm going over old ground again, but I set Vekked up as an admin on here with a view to him taking this site over. If, all along, he planned to make a clone of DV minus the non-DJing sections, he shouldn't have accepted my offer.

I don't care about the room being dead, because I don't use it and never have. What I care about is people being straight up with me, and trying to have some kind of community spirit on here. I fully understand why people would abandon the DV room for another one if it's more active - that was never my issue.

well the point was that if you want it be something people use (which is what you indicate in the last page), then start using it yourself.. same applies to everyone else complaining about the situation in the last page that didnt really use the dv room much in the first place. And if you don't scratch then sit in the room and use it as a shoutbox. people come in for a bit if there's one person there (when they might otherwise leave straight away) even if its just to chat or to scratch to that one person.

Whatever the beef is between you and vekked, outside of that no ones really done anything but move from a dead room to an active room. people might have dissed vekked then ended up in his room a week later, but again thats about wanting to cut with a group of people and there being a room available with a group of people on TTW with the alternative of sitting in a dead room. The DV room right now has a few people in it that are usually on TTW since that place is empty at the moment and people want to session as a group. If you really understand that its a movement from a dead to a live room going on, you wouldn't be saying people are betrayers, 2 faced wankers and shit like that in the last page because no ones taken sides.

I understand the point. I just don't think it's a legitimate one. I'm not running a business here. I'll do my best to give the community what they want and I will promote the overall site, but your argument is a bit like saying that I should spend time talking to people in the Shoutbox solely to promote the use of it and that's not how it's every going to be.

As for "a movement from a dead room to a live one", just look at why the DV room died. Splitting the scene across more forums, more scratch rooms, more small-scale battles = pointless shit.

I'm not trying to get you to sit in the chatroom plugging dv. its more just being there some of the time. If you dont want to do that, that's also completely fine too.. but then maybe go easy on the comments about people abandoning it and how its disappointing and how you expected more when, well you haven't used it either.. because people move where the activity is.. Its as active as the people that use or don't use it. check it out now if you want, its in no way dead.

enuism set up an embedded dv tinychat earlier on his site btw so its now ad free through this url - http://secret-laboratory.com/digitalvertigo

And Im pretty sure the DV room died before because the person that brought in the majority of people made his own room for his site and went over there.. It wouldnt have died if there was someone rallying people to the DV room on here. usually its down to the creator of the room to do that, which is the whole point of me mentioning that if you want it to be used use it yourself. im not just saying that to be a twat.

I have no interest in being in there at all. I didn't make the room for me and it would have made no difference if I was in there. There's a difference between running a site and only being a member of it, because when you're doing the former, you do stuff that you don't necessarily care about if you think the community would benefit from it or because the community requests it.

Ttw forum seems pretty stale n the only active bit is the tiny room. I bet peeps wud be interested on a more active forum like dv. It wud make sense to maybe have a go at pushing the tinychat room via fb and we all back it as a community by sharing it and also posting when we r in.

Im reading this as ...we all love dv and if we do something easy and collectivly , we can all support a site we all love.

Guest petesasqwax

I should be in there tonight. Trying to sort out a camera but I might have to go with the one built into my netbook, if that works

Guest petesasqwax

ok, so if last night proved anything it's that trying to run it on a netbook over a wifi connection is a pile of wank that craps out once we get more than a couple of folk in. i guess i need to buy a webcam today. because i only believe in buying the best when it comes to this shit, i figure i'll do an exhaustive period of research and read extensively on the subject focusing on group tests and authoritative studies by industry experts buy whatever shit they got at Asda when i go to get some food shopping in later on

Guest Symatic

also it's a flash based application i think so having other graphics heavy or flash based programs open will slow it down. it doesnt like it when i have a games emulator running in the background, or if i'm running really heavy flash loopers like the nozl ones.

if you have a nice computer this probably isnt a problem but mine doesnt like it.