Serato Advice

Blak Randy

I'm using serato software 2.3.1 and the Old SL1 Serato Box. I have a macbook pro running Lion.

Anyway, the last 2 times I have DJ'd out my serato has quit for no reason and I have to start it up again (Obviously not good in a busy bar).

I remember when I downloaded the serato software there was supposed to be issues with this particular release of serato and Lion on the Mac. I forgot about it as I had not had any issues (Although I have only played out maybe 10 times in the last couple of years). Do you guys think this is what the issue is? Nothing else goes wrong on my Laptop.

If that is the issue, is there a way to upgrade the serato software without having to fully reinstall it? I really really really do not wat to have to sort my crates again.

Also, will the newest version of serato work will with Lion? Not Mountain Lion, just Lion.

Thanks men

Installing serato updates doesn't loose your crates. You could always make a copy of the crates first to be sure, I'm not sure where the files are stored on a mac but someone on here should be able to tell you.

Serato's crate file system is pretty simple, for both Mac and Pc, it's just a folder called _Serato_ and _Seratobackup_. Back these up, and if you want to do a fresh install, you can simply overwrite the new folders with these ones.

This trick also works as a way of running multiple libraries. For example, you could have a library of hip-hop only and when you want to start a new library, rename the crate folders to something like _seratohiphop_ , then start a new library with just EDM tracks. To switch between the two, you simply rename the EDM library to something else, and change the hip hop library back to _serato_ and _seratobackup_.

I don't run a Mac, so couldn't tell you where these two folders are, but I'm sure Finder will sort you out.

Guest Symatic

at least you can see if switching to the new one is whhats causing the problem.

sometimes sortware gets released and it still has a few bugs or whatever, so you can go back to an old version you know worked in the past and see if the problem is still there

Guest Symatic

Which one should I get do you think? Which old one will deffo work? I don't understand this shit at all.

if it worked before then go back to the version you had before innit. then you could move up a version or 2 to see when it breaks