In ear Earphones (Earbuds)

Blak Randy

Does anyone know any good ones which don’t break the bank? For the last few years I have been buying these shitty cheap ones for £6. They kind of sound OKish (Or so I thought) but fuck up every couple of months. The cables get slack etc. Anyway. It never bothered me cause they were so cheap to replace.

My workmate just got a new HTC phone which comes with those beats headphones which I thought were meant to be shit. It sounds fucking amazing to me. It’s ridiculous how nice it sounds and is a whole new experience. I don’t’ wanna fork out like £100 on earbuds though which I’ll probably fuck up at the gym.

What I’m looking for is

Under £30 but the cheaper the better obviously

The best sound quality possible

The ones that go right in your ear to give you some bass

They must keep the sound in (I mean I hate headphones where everyone else can hear what you are listening to. Apple I phone ones are the worst for this. I don’t want people knowing when I’m listening to a bit of embarrassing RNB)

Thank you homies

Which are the better of the 2 there Chris?

Does this make any sense to you. The CX 870s seem to be around £60 - £70 everywhere, yet there is one site selling them for £25. You recon that is a mistake?

http://compare.ebay.co.uk/like/120942746685?var=lv&ltyp=AllFixedPriceItemTypes&var=sbar&adtype=pla

http://www.headphonestore123.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&products_id=155

The 400s are proper in ear ones that go right into your ear canal, which some people hate but I really like. Mine got nicked (directly out of my ears, no less) but the 870s are still very cool just have a different feel and you don't get that completely isolated sound you do with intra aural buds. the 400 comes with a cable extender too.

The price might be the 'i' version that has inline volume, they're more expensive and I think the 400 standard might be discontinued. I'm doing this on my phone so I'll check your links after this post but around £35-45 is about the price I paid for both in hmv iirc...

That us site is probably legit and even with duties added on you'll probably still save money. Hmv do a really good warranty for about £3 that means you can get a replacement fr any reason and theyve usually got offers too, the reason I got the 870s was because they only had the 400i for more money.

I was gonna suggest sennheiser. I've got through quite a few pairs with them breaking though but I do use them constantly. I've had a lot replaced though as they've been in warranty. Then when my last pair broke outside of warranty I complained to them and they sent me a new pair. Which was nice.

Weirdly, some guy in bethnal green tried to sell me some copy beats by Dr Dre earbuds tonight. Haha. I almost thought it was a sign. They were all in the big box n stuff and he reckoned they were identical to the proper ones. He was selling them for £20.

a) Are those things actually any good?

b) Will these copies be like the proper ones?

c) Would I look like an absolute cunt wearing those things?

I wouldn't buy knock-off headphones unless you can check them out properly before you pay. I've only had experience with a couple of fake pairs bought by friends (not Dr Dre ones though) and they looked quite like the originals, but they sounded shit.