OD Total Music Production - My 12 Hour Video Course!

Chris

Gents, I have been slogging away at this for a very, very long time:

http://ohdratdigital.com/totalmusicproductioncourse

If you're so inclined you can buy the course, which is 12 hours of HD video tutorials that focus on a list of pro quality free software (to save you money), directly from the site above. It's $61 for the next 10 days, which is $20 off the normal price!

There's plenty of info and preview videos on the site - go take a look (please)!

I'd highly recommend the course. Perfect if you're already using DAWs for cutting, or even want to get into that, and want to take it to the next step and start making your own sounds for scratching and scratch beats.

Next week is ok for all my royalties right mate?

Sure thing, we're still good for sexual favours right?

Done. It's in the general section if you want to take a look. If they delete it or lock it I'll fucking kick off!

Thanks mate, I'll swing by and check it out :)

what software does it teach you to use?

Reaper and a bunch of freeware - synths, sampler, effects from the likes of tal, blue cat, yellow tools. It's all pro quality stuff that I tested a bunch to make sure it's all cool :)

So it will cost me more to learn Reaper than it will to buy it?

Actually, I'm interested. I've had a brief look at Reaper but it all looked a bit confusing, not that I gave it a chance though.

I sometimes help at at my mates production classes at the place where I teach a bit of DJing. They teach Ableton and Logic because they are current "standards", but think it might be more relevant for the kids to learn a software that they could afford and that would run on their existing home computer. Particularly when compared to Logic where they've got to buy a Mac just to get started. I gather Reaper fits the bill, but nobody there knows anything about it.

The course can be split into two groups I guess, Profail: totally transferrable sections (theory, digital audio, synthesis, sampling, effects, mix & master) and sections that will take some adjustment to transfer to completely different software (obviously software setup, also advanced routing and audio recording). What I will say is that if you're not already comfortable with Live, and especially if you don't use clip view regularly, you'd be better off switching to Reaper at least for the course, after which what you need from Live will be a lot clearer.

Yup Rockwell, the whole point of OD Total Music Production is to break down as many boundaries as possible to the world of music production. Consider that for less than £100 a user can get an entire studio worth of software completely legally along with extensive tutelage on how to use it properly. It's something I took really seriously and put at the centre of the philosophy behind the entire course.