3rd: Asian Hawk = 8 points

4th: Stasua = 7 points

5th: SpareChange = 6 points

6th: DJ Falcon = 5 points

7th: Chile = 4 point

8th: Envious Mind = 3 point

9th: DJ Arenset = 2 point

10th: Special Guest = 1 point

Cutmaster Swift (DMC World Champion 1989)

1st: Mighty Atom = 10 points

2nd: DJ Arenset = 9 points

3rd: DJ Vekked = 8 points

4th: DJ Falcon = 7 points

5th: Breko = 6 points

6th: Asian Hawk = 5 points

7th: Chile = 4 point

8th: Kid Neemo = 3 point

9th: Beat Molester = 2 point

10th: Stasua = 1 point

DJ Fly (DMC World Champion 2008)

1st: DJ Arenset = 10 points

2nd: RH = 9 points

3rd: Asian Hawk = 8 points

4th: Breko = 7 points

5th: Maiam = 6 points

6th: DJ Falcon = 5 points

7th: Mighty Atom = 4 point

8th: DJ Vekked = 3 point

9th: Envious Mind = 2 point

10th: Stasua = 1 point

Congrats to Vekked and Mighty Atom, but no love for Chile is a bit annoying. My guess is because his set wasn't as 'routiney' as the others in the competition, but we all know he had the best cuts!

Source: http://www.dmcdjonline.com/results.php

Yasa's kind of a drooler of a judge imo

It's been like that for years, all he does is vote for his japanese friends, and yet they still invite him to judge the world finals year after year

Some more judge's results are in: -

Steve (0 x DMC World Champion, 0 x DMC Team Champion, 0 x DMC Supremacy Champion, 0 x New Music Seminar Champion, 0 x Allies All-Star Beatdown Battle Champion, 0 x ITF Champion, 0 x Vestax Whateverthatbattlewasfuckingcalled Champion)

1st: Mighty Atom/Vekked/chile/savwar/Steve = 10 points

2nd:

3rd:

4th:

5th:

6th:

7th:

8th:

9th:

10th:

Unlike those other judges, I am completely impartial.

• Like 1

well done guys...

i'm just slightly miffed that vekked didn't pip falcon to first place tho...... vekked fucking rocked it without pulling the eurostyle bullshit..

although falcon actually lived and worked in my local town in ireland for a while... so he told me at itf 05 or 06 or somthing.... so i dont mind...

but really i didn't think jimmy would get through coz he's too progressive.. but eternally doper than almost all..

and chile is the best cutter of all but didn't show other shit really... so i think overall the best got voted through...

glad mighty atom got through as he had probably the most well rounded set of all, and asian hawk had a great set, even though i'm kinda disappointed that he succumbded to the modern tunes where he normally pulls the weird shit...

i certainly didn't think i'd get through with my last minute bullshit...

congrats guys and i have some tips on how to win the public vote next time so hit me up!!!

haha thx bru, was pretty surprised to be ranked kinda highly... thought I'd be more in the middle of the pack. Falcon was tight fo sho, probably the best set I saw that round.

I think Chile got kinda screwed IMO. I agree with more composition his set could've been even better, but it was still composed better than the majority of scratch routines in the battle, AND his cuts were top notch. Like some of the routines that got in ahead were guys who cut OKish, and juggled OKish... but I feel like doing a bunch of meh things shouldn't beat an unbalanced set that is really killing a certain aspect... at least not in a 2 min round (6 minute routine obv has to be more balanced).

I really like Jimmy Penguin dropping the loop station stuff too. I think it's something that should keep being pushed in this format. I think it's entirely possible to make a crazy battle routine with a loop station. I think that stuff is getting slept on a bit, because even though you're allowed to do whatever, the judges are still looking for mostly traditional stuff. I don't blame them really, because 95% of the new stuff people are throwing in is gimmicky or garbage or has nothing to do with turntablism, but I don't think it's the case with loop station stuff at all...

Somebody has to drop a Dirty Blue Mud style loop routine in the next dmc online to open people's eyes.

As this is my first post in DV, I'm gonna (try to) keep it positive!

I think as far as the decision has come out, it's pretty decent, though it seems to me that one of the best routines in the whole competition so far was completely overlooked... I was really surprised that Datflex didn't make any of the judges vote, as far as composition/performance/execution goes, his set was damn near flawless. I know a lot of people hate on the Euro style but undeniably, his set was on point, smooth moving juggles, great cuts and a wicked feel of all round musicality.

It was a shame to see Chile not make it through also, but as stated before by Jon, as an all round routine, it didn't necessarily tick all the boxes.... If this were say an ice skating competition, he didn't do all the mandatory moves to win the judges over, which is a real shame cos his cuts are just plain terror, and the composition of the routine was really tight.

I was glad to see Vekked go through, his routine was really different to the very few things I have seen from him before, and when I saw it go up online, I knew it was stronger than mine!

As far as Asian Hawk, I thought it was a real shame that he didn't go with his usual style, and instead stepped in with a pop/dubstep kinda sound, personally I didn't rate this particular routine from him, the sound was hella messy, but that's just what happens when you cut up melodies over an already busy tune. Nonetheless it was executed really well, but I didn't think that this particular routine showed off how dope he can be!

Regarding my position, I'm just really happy that I have made it through to the next round, of course I would have liked to place higher, but I can't complain!

I hope this didn't step on too many toes! Overall, I'm pretty happy with the way things turned out!

Envious Mind

^^Welcome to the board man and congrats on making it through.

I don't think I would have voted for chile's routine either to be honest. Scratching-wise, it was the best of the ones I watched (which was quite a lot of them in the end), and the composition of it was great too, but without any juggling I think it's hard to put that above other routines from DJs that weren't as good at scratching, but juggled as well.

I think Datflex's routine was OK but in a way I'm kinda glad it didn't go through if it wasn't just because it was overlooked. It's a really good example of a routine that is produced very well but has very little content from a technique perspective.

A DJ battle should be judged on the actual content of the DJing. I think production is absolutely fine and in no way should it take away from your set but if your set sounds like a symphony but when you watch it all that's going on is baby scratching then it shouldn't do any better than any other routine that just has a bunch of baby scratching. Production should only add "points" to a routine insofar as it enables someone to add more from a DJing perspective.

On one end of the spectrum we have Unkut (his scratching specifically). His routines are HEAVILY produced but it enables him to do things from a technique/scratching perspective that would be close to impossible otherwise (see his 1 record juggle/drumming stuff). See 5:20 here:

Now if we look at Datflex's routine, again it's produced really heavily and smoothly, but look at his cut routine from 1:10 until end:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KJshBOq2yUM

It sounds completely fine but all of his cutting is super simple, and the production didn't really allow him to do MORE on the decks so much let him do LESS. If you strip it down to what he's actually doing, if it wasn't for the production it wouldn't be that interesting. His juggling is the same way.

A lot more people are fooled by juggling though, because the reality is that the average tablist is far better at scratching than juggling and the standard is so much higher for scratching. Datflex's juggle patterns kinda the equivalent to just repeating a quick sample a bunch of times in a row and crabbing over it instead of doing actually using raw speed/technique. Datflex isn't wack or anything, his routine is clean and all but his just not showing that much in terms of skill... he could still be a beast for all I know.

As much as I dislike the music and stuff that Unkut uses, and how heavily produced his routines are, you'll never see him doing fast cuts that are anything less than raw speed and crazy technique.

Thanks to all those who've said nice things :)

Chile not being in the top 10 is pretty wack to be fair. I would have thought the judges would have understood the technique even if the public didn't...

But as with all battles it's just a matter of taste and opinion.. how do you judge "music"?

As far as Asian Hawk, I thought it was a real shame that he didn't go with his usual style, and instead stepped in with a pop/dubstep kinda sound,

Yep me too and he's my homey ;)