The Steam summer sale has started

Steve

Haha, me too.

So far I've bought: -

Mafia II (already played, but I wouldn't mind playing it again)

Portal 2

Terraria

Saints Row: The Third

The Ubisoft pack (already played some of the games, but the price was too good to pass up)

55GB of downloads!

Do you guys know of any good action/adventure games on the PC? Something like the Uncharted series (and not Tomb Raider)?

Vekked - Do you have a 360? If so, you should try the new version of Spelunky. You can play the old PC version for free, but the new version on XBLA is really good.

Nah I don't, I could steal my room mates tho for sure. I put Spelunky on my wish list on Steam, the xbox version is better than the PC one tho?

Not sure about action/adventure games like that tho. Most of the action/adventure I play are retro style like Cave Story+ or Lone Survivor (both are really good but obviously quite different from newer action/adventure games).

I put Spelunky on my wish list on Steam, the xbox version is better than the PC one tho?

Yeah, the Xbox version is better for now, but I think the new version of the game may be coming to other platforms later on. The 360 version has 4 player local co-op/deathmatch, extra characters you can use, and better graphics. It's another of those games where if you die, you have to start the whole game from the beginning, so prepare for some frustration, lol.

@Goonie - I have both of those. Both are great games, but I'm looking for a big budget AAA action/adventure game.

Yeah! You have to make your way through mines/caves collecting treasure and avoiding enemies and traps. You have a whip which you can use to hit enemies, or you can jump on their heads Mario style. You can also pick rocks up and throw them. You have ropes that enable you to climb to higher areas and bombs that you can use to blow parts of the cave up or to kill enemies - you have a limited supply of both. There's also damsels in distress to rescue and store keepers who you can buy extra bombs and stuff from. It's a proper old school 2D game. I think you'll like it.

]

Vekked - Do you have a 360? If so, you should try the new version of Spelunky. You can play the old PC version for free, but the new version on XBLA is really good.

Just realized I was thinking of Adventurs of Shuggy, not Spelunky that I added to my steam wishlist recently. I just checked out the Spelunky trailer and it def looks fun and like my type of game tho.