Yoshi

DV Scratch Battle #6  

14 members have voted

1. 1. And the winner is...

• Backtrack
    • Cirkutcision
    • Symatic
    • Watzz

This was the hardest yet to vote on IMO. 4 wicked files and all very close in terms of skill level. I'm gonna vote for Symatic, but only just!

@Cirkutcision - I can't believe you've only been scratching for 18 months man (or however long it is - I know it's not that long).

Guest Symatic

i'm going for cirkutcision, with backtrack a very close 2nd. wattz had some really good bits though

This was the hardest yet to vote on IMO. 4 wicked files and all very close in terms of skill level. I'm gonna vote for Symatic, but only just!

@Cirkutcision - I can't believe you've only been scratching for 18 months man (or however long it is - I know it's not that long).

Thank you, Sir. As of now, I've been at it for just over a year and a half and I know I still have lots to learn. Sick files everyone!

Guest Symatic

As of now, I've been at it for just over a year and a half and I know I still have lots to learn.

fuckin hell! thats impressive man

cirkuts video confuses me.

The platter looks like its going forward and the record is going backwards.

#mindfuck.

Backtrack gets my vote for sounding unusual to my ears... in a good way of course.

cirkuts video confuses me.

The platter looks like its going forward and the record is going backwards.

#mindfuck.

Backtrack gets my vote for sounding unusual to my ears... in a good way of course.

I'm using a reverse ahh and fresh and I have the platter spinning counter clockwise so it's like I'm scratching a regular ahh and fresh. Thanks!

good stuff everybody, i also voted for backtrack.

i agree that cirkutcision sounds hella nice for just 18 months of practice!

Thank you!

I guess it changes the mechanical movements of the hand against the record. On the right deck I can have my hand going left to right for the forward/ backward motion. It's hard to explain but I can see how a reverse sample going backwards on the left deck would feel the same as right deck scratching... But my big hands would probably clip the headshell!

Guest Symatic

i sometimes scratch backwards (i have the left hand on the record) and it does feel differrent. i guess the geomettry is different so you get subtle differences in timing. also the way your body is angled to the deck is different which counts for some things. i cant scratch hamster to save my life but i'm sure hamster style opens up certain things you cant do as easily/quickly regular style. same goes both ways probably.

muzzell often scratches hamster and seems to do things i find impossible really easily. but then maybe thats just cos he's muzzell