DMC World Champions Choice

4th - J-one Fong-Fong

5th - Jon Furst

6th - DJ IFTW aka Christian Image Chacon/ DJ ImageFromTheWood

7th - DJ As-One aka Artit Sriboonruang

8th - Edgar Etronik Bernal

9th - Ritchie Ruftone

10th - 2 Fresh

Which means I placed 2nd in the votes from the past DMC World Champions. Score!

http://www.dmcdjonline.com/results.php <- check the videos of the top ten here!

All ten go through to the Online final in August. This process happens another two times, leaving 30 people in the final round.

The top 3 were decided by public votes. He won around 3 grand worth of gear whereas Fong Fong, the critics' choice, will win a pair of headphones. It's a shit system.

and thats why its total wank.

the upmost congratulations tho Jon. Goes to show talent shows thru with the heads. Well done :)

Well done Jon!

So if someone wins the public vote and the judge's vote , they come 1 st and 4 th at the same time- beating themselves in the process with an identical routine. Wow nice system. :-)

I figure that winners of the public vote don't get considered by the judges though, which is still pretty crap.

I figure that winners of the public vote don't get considered by the judges though, which is still pretty crap.

The top 3 public voted djs also get automatic entry to the final, so aren't judged by the past champs, though this rule won't apply in the final round.

I've asked for individual judge scores but I've not received a reply yet

Sally's posting up the scores later this week

The public vote cheapens the comp, but the fact that the judges don't really have a true top 3 does too. Say you have the most popular set that's also the best in the eyes of the judges - your not going to come out of the battle with the credibility that comes with the judges vote. Obviously if you win overall it wouldn't matter.I don't know why they don't split the prizes. Its an incentive for people that value the self-promotion publicity schtick over skills. Isn't that why myspace became so awful with all the sycophantic spam crap