@Jon - Phone upgrades

Steve

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the help mate :) I have one month left on the contract so I'll wait a bit before ordering the new phone so I'm not paying for two contracts at once, though I've noticed that the quidco offer of cashback is only available until the middle of july, so i'll order the day before the offer is over.

• 1 month later...

I just got my final bill from T-Mobile. They charged me a full month, plus they added £20.97 as an early termination fee. Cheeky cunts. I phoned up and asked why and they said that I had to give them 30 days notice when I received the PAC code, but I said that PAC codes have to be used within 30 days so if I had done that I wouldn't have been able to use the code, plus asking for the PAC code is me saying "I'm leaving T-Mobile" and nobody told me there would be an early termination fee. Eventually they waived £20 of it.

A few days ago I got a letter from T-Mobile. I assumed it would be some junk mail trying to tempt me back, but it wasn't. It was a letter saying "further to our earlier communication, please find enclosed a cheque for £20.97. I trust this will be the end of the matter" and the cheque was attached.

I don't know why they sent it, as when they charged me the £20.97 fee I phoned and complained and they refunded £20 of it straight away and that was that. I didn't contact them again. Oh well, I'm not turning down free money!

lol nice.

Last week I dropped my phone out of my pocket when getting out of my car and shattered the screen :( It still works fine but I'm going to get my insurance to cover replacing it and pay the excess fee when i have the spare cash. I've never broken a phone before :(

Shit man, sorry to hear that. It's a good job you have insurance as those kinds of repairs are pricey.

I dropped mine a couple of weeks ago too. It landed face down on a concrete floor, but the screen landed perfectly flat to the floor which probably saved it from getting damaged.