Super Scratch Sunday - Jan2012

Jimmy

i think its 6 decks, 2 qfo's and the bongo thing. (3 from me, 2 from mo, 1 from erick, qfo from russ and rob's mate, bongo from robs mate)

mixers,

scratchbox, 06 - me

hak360, - soren

rane, - trice

a&h 02' - sy

06' - erick

rane' - mo

so yeh we'e gonna need plugs and phonos.

Guest Symatic

Biggups to Jimmy for hosting again! thanks man

although next time we do this i suggest banning all 'change the beat' samples after the first hour! we need to let go of beep-aaah-fresh from time to time!

Still, wicked to see so many people come down, shit's blowin up!

thanks for coming down man. i really appreciate the effort you show every time.

yeh i think with growing numbers a few rules need to be put in place, cuing samples in headphones only & letting beats run for longer. and some dedicated 'scratch band' time.

but yeh was wicked to see so many people down and making the effort to bring equipment. thanks to everyone.

our little baby is growing up fast!

Yeah we were talking about rules and stuff in the kitchen, think it defo needs more of a structure when there's so many people involved.

Only cue samples in headphones

No randomly changing the beat all the time (Yoshi :p)

No scratching at the same time (especially when beat ain't on as it's so annoying)

No tutorials mid Q&A (Yoshi! :p)

No soloing if we're doing DJ band

Guest Symatic

No soloing if we're doing DJ band

i reckon you could solo if it was the right thing to do that time. if you're doing a band thing you gotta accept that you might be stuck doing the same thing for 5 minutes, but it will sound dope as a whole so thats the important thing. plus we'd set it up so everyone gets a chance to solo or whatever.

hey spunk breaths!

im just sorting my room out from yesterday and had a look at the ping pong table again.

i reckon we can get every one around it, instead of just along one side. it seems fairly solid anyway, but i'll try and work some extra suport.

win

I think we only need 4 decks.

It used to be really kool when I went to scratch meet ups, as only 2 or 3 would go up at a time and others would watch them cut for a few minutes. It's better for vibing off people and getting into the scratching... And it's entertaining to watch.

There should be a chance for tutorials. I think sharing ideas and techniques is valuable and even practicing techniques together is fun and challenging!

I don't wanna come across as a party pooper but I want to get the most out of this great opportunity to cut with other geeks.

Even solo performances could be fun. Battles. Whatever.

Just my 2p

I think we only need 4 decks.

It used to be really kool when I went to scratch meet ups, as only 2 or 3 would go up at a time and others would watch them cut for a few minutes. It's better for vibing off people and getting into the scratching... And it's entertaining to watch.

There should be a chance for tutorials. I think sharing ideas and techniques is valuable and even practicing techniques together is fun and challenging!

I don't wanna come across as a party pooper but I want to get the most out of this great opportunity to cut with other geeks.

Even solo performances could be fun. Battles. Whatever.

Just my 2p

Ya I'm not against tutoirals, I just think may be there needs to be a time and a place for em. solos is a good idea too.

we talked about maybe having an agenda/time table.

ie

warm up,

q & a,

scratch band,

tutorials.

regarding equip: if theres gonna be about 12 of us, i think 6 decks is a good number. altho if we end up with more and stuff its not a problem, we didnt use all the equipment this time. i really liked having the maschine about tho. so maybe we can have a couple of midi things set up. one day i'd love to have proper instruments mixed up in SSS.

i think i'd be nice for solo showcases to happen, it should give us all abit more time to breath, cos i kno i cant fit what i want to show into 4 bars.

only thing i will say is, im not prepared to host battles. for me its about music and having the turntable as an instrument and an artform, and that cant be judged in my opinion. SSS is a jam session. thats it. you want to battle, fuck off to dmc :)

dont make me repeat myself!

if people did come to watch i'd like it to be for the jam atmosphere, like CSG. As soon as you mention battle it changes the whole angle of the event and crowd imo. case in point, at dmc, the ones getting excited the most, usually kno the least about scratching.