DV Scratch Battle #1

Yoshi

Well, I want to get the voting for this battle done by the end of the month, so the latest day to which I'm willing to push it back is Monday the 26th. Get your files in by then, guys. I don't care if it's sloppy or whatever, I just want 4 files at least. It's all for fun anyway, there's no prize or anything, so even enter just for jokes (dopp).

How long does it take to record a 90 second scratch file? You need the deadline extended by 8 days in order to be able to do that?

Some ppl go away during x-mas holidays to be with their family you scrooges. In 8 days I would be back home.

how you gonna check stuff was recorded in one take?

I say...video only...no cuttin camera angles. =)

yeah but you can still have multiple tries at doing one take with video. i thought by 1 take that meant you submit it after the first attempt of recording.. i dont see the point in submitting anything if im not happy with it.. and its easy for people to cheat and to just say they did something first take even if its not for a prize

yeah but you can still have multiple tries at doing one take with video. i thought by 1 take that meant you submit it after the first attempt of recording.. i dont see the point in submitting anything if im not happy with it.. and its easy for people to cheat and say the did something first take even if its not for a prize

Oh yeah well I agree with that...I don't think it should have to be first take...but rather submit the best 1:30 you did and upload that...fair enough I'd say.

yeah but you can still have multiple tries at doing one take with video. i thought by 1 take that meant you submit it after the first attempt of recording.. i dont see the point in submitting anything if im not happy with it.. and its easy for people to cheat and say the did something first take even if its not for a prize

Oh yeah well I agree with that...I don't think it should have to be first take...but rather submit the best 1:30 you did and upload that...fair enough I'd say.

ah fair my mistake i got confused with stuff being done in 1 take and in a first take innit.

How long does it take to record a 90 second scratch file? You need the deadline extended by 8 days in order to be able to do that?

Some ppl go away during x-mas holidays to be with their family you scrooges. In 8 days I would be back home.

Exactly.

Plus, I'm doing mine in sections but it'll be one take each part. Just pretend I've got Serato.

Exactly.

Plus, I'm doing mine in sections but it'll be one take each part. Just pretend I've got Serato.

I'm thought we were supposed to do *one* take of scratching over a 1:30 segment of the beat...kinda lame to be doing multiple takes...just saying.

just to clarify:

one-take means you put the beat on then skratch (freestyle or routine) until the beat finishes. no editing or cutting!

okay, yeah, i can't really tell if an audio file is one-take, but i'll trust that you won't be dishonest for a battle that is just for fun.

deadline is the 26th. no later.

also, the winner can't enter the battle the following month, but can from the month after that.

• Like 1

LOfuckinL Dopp just got BODIED

YAWN. Vekked exhibiting latent, passive-agressive homophobia? Check. Wax confusing himself with Martin Lawrence's character from Do The Right Thing? (The skinny one who stands at the back and mouths off in AAVE)? Check.

Must be another day on DV.

looks heavily edited to me

Shhhhh!

You'll ruin your needles dragging the records back and forth like that.

Yes it does and it just sounds like noise anyway.

Eric with the thumb bizniss!

I'm always being told to "pull my thumb out"

where's the bug spray?

Doob said I use it as deodorant, so I'm giving him the bug spray and some slug pellets as a gift set for his birthday.