Limewire anyone use this shizza?

alkatrazz

I use to use this badboy like 2 or 3 years ago im not sure how long ago it came out. But back then it had spyware and adware and shit and I was not to savvy on those badboys. So when i fianlly learned of my evil ways deleted that shit and found hella viruses and shit on my comp. ANYWAYS, TO THE POINT.... Point it is I just looked it up and its all new and shit and it "says" no adware trojan or spyware..... Well it was allright back when I use to use it, you could get ur regular stuff nothing obscure or rare except for some videos :$ but yea, anyone hear anything about it? I need an app that gets me just single one hitters with more ease, I use soulseek but i miss something like kazzalite (fuck kazzalite though)

i love and hate soulseek at the same time, soulseek is gay because the search function is the most gay thing i've ever seen in my life however the ifles on soulseek are always high quality. another kinda problem is that it's 1 to 1 is doesn't use other users to download. The program i love is BearShare, it's great i can find anything on it and at high quality and the search function is easy enough to use, at my bros i download applications and songs like crazy it was just so easy. BUT, bearshare has adware, and wouldn't be surprised if it had spyware and torjans and shit

Guest Deeswift
i love and hate soulseek at the same time, soulseek is gay because the search function is the most gay thing i've ever seen in my life however the ifles on soulseek are always high quality. another kinda problem is that it's 1 to 1 is doesn't use other users to download.  The program i love is BearShare, it's great i can find anything on it and at high quality and the search function is easy enough to use, at my bros i download applications and songs like crazy it was just so easy.  BUT, bearshare has adware, and  wouldn't be surprised if it had spyware and torjans and shit

Hmmm. High quality files on Soulseek? I haven't really seen much well ripped and encoded music on Soulseek. Depends on what you consider good quality though. Use eMule and search only for archives (zip, rar, etc) for pretty decent quality (EAC ripped / LAME encoded, plenty of Musepack files and lots of ape + cue) . That's where you'll find well encoded files, often with all the cover art and stuff included. This way you're only downloading one file too, rather than a shitload of varying bitrate encoded files which obviously someone has thrown together from various sources and compiled as an album. What's really annoying is when you think you're downloading a full album at 320 kbps or something, then you use EncSpot to check the files and see that the tracks have come from different encoders, with varying bitrates, mixed VBR and CBR files, all badly titled and with bad last frames where some idiot chose to "remove silence"! Sometimes there's one track out of a whole album that's come from a different source. What a fucking waste of bandwidth, it drives me nuts!!

But, if you want really decent quality files, go find a decent Bit Torrent site that specializes in FLAC releases only. There are some out there (one of them is Pedro's), but I doubt there'd be very much music of interest to hip hoppers. In fact there's a poll on Pedro's board right now whether hip hop should even be allowed on there. I voted against, to be honest, for which I have my reasons why.

In fact there's a poll on Pedro's board right now whether hip hop should even be allowed on there. I voted against, to be honest, for which I have my reasons why.

Hehe. Once those kind of people move into your neighbourhood it all goes to shit.

Guest Deeswift

LOL! Yeah, that's it.

Nah, cHip sHop doesn't require FLAC encodes, it's not audiophile music. Also, I reckon the "nasties" would more likely be keeping a beady eye rap / hip hop / r n b / pop than a Keith Jarrett album from 1975.

@ Mixo: I hear you.

• 6 months later...

yeah limwires cool , i got the freebie then downloaded limewire pro for free hahaha. not so good for dvd's but wicked for music and software, best of all no viruses but i always check em with norton before i open them just to make sure, so far it's all good