list of scratch names?

Jimmy

i think i might of mentioned this at an SSS but thought i'd ask DV incase anyone else gets help from the answer.

basically when i scratch everything is just a combo of the really simple cuts ie transform, stab, babe, chirp and flare. thats pretty much all i think about, and so when names like prism and boomerang or autobahn get chucked about i didnt really know what they meant, but recognised the sound. (if that makes sense)

what im after i suppose is a list of the combo names with simple term explanations of what they actually are using said basic cuts above.

i think i saw chris thinks the same as me aswell regarding the simple scratch structure in his head. (sorry if i made that up chris) hense why i thought it might be useful to others.

does this kind of thing even exist? if not, no worries, im not particularly bothered above learning them for myself, more so that i can understand people like doob and chile when they go off on one :)

names are over rated.

I call scratches "thing" or "closed fader thing"

for example: "can you do that closed fader thing that starts backwards?"

It's probably retarded my development, but I know the difference between a "thing" and a "backwards thing"

I don't understand why people still use language to describe patterns. TTM deciphers it for me, or explains it well to someone else every time.

Diff people learn better in diff ways imo. Some people just don't get TTM. It works for me as well usually but it kinda annoys me when there's like 5 different TTMs for the same scratch and none of them are actually the scratch they're trying to do. It should be something that only people like chile are allowed to make, lol.