if you had to choose...

Solemn

not to mention that there isn't one single slow d'n'b tune in the world since then it becomes another genre, so it'd basically be like taking cocain for the rest of your life and never have a little joint for a change or so

thats the problem, its not (famous for being diverse). cos all u ignant arseholes never give it a proper listen/chance :)

but it really is once you get past all the shit jump up people think it is.

i need my other forum friends to back me up here

Agreed - I could happily listen to nothing but liquid, not jump up tho

thats the problem, its not (famous for being diverse). cos all u ignant arseholes never give it a proper listen/chance

but it really is once you get past all the shit jump up people think it is.

i need my other forum friends to back me up here

I like the crazy dark ish like Panacea or that dj, Lion. Make me a dark and evil mix Cam!!

not to mention that there isn't one single slow d'n'b tune in the world since then it becomes another genre, so it'd basically be like taking cocain for the rest of your life and never have a little joint for a change or so

there are fucking loads!!!

check out my 'how sweet it is, to be tech'd by you' mix on SC to see for urself. also got a few in the new mix im doing.

that what im saying, none of you know enough about the genre to judge it.

go and listen to biggie and toss urselves off for the rest of ur life

big ups Spike & Dirka

so acoustic hiphop gets classed as hiphop still, not under the acoustic genre? or lo fi gets classed as hiphop still, not lo fi??

double standards, its pathetic really

im not saying anymore, i dont claim to know loads about hiphop, where as all of a sudden you know more than me about dnb.

What is the "acoustic genre"? The primary genre would still be hip-hop. When a song is acoustic in a particular genre, it doesn't change from being rock, country, reggae or whatever to "acoustic".

There's just not as much diversity in D&B as there is in hip-hop. It's a simple fact.

i'd say neither of you (esp dopp) know maybe 5% of modern dnb. so why are you judging and stating certain 'facts' about it to me.

Also Jim, let's not get away from what you're saying: that dnb is a diverse genre. It is possibly one of the least diverse.

ur wrong, u really are. how much dnb do you listen to?

im bored of this now, go fuck yourselves

after rethinking this over and over again i came to the conclusion that it'd be wisest to choose jazz as it subsumes a vast amount of different styles and flavours. at first i thought i'd choose some brazilian music since although i'm not that much into it i really wouldn't want to miss this in my life but with jazz i could still listen to some of this stuff and many many more things...even more modern stuff like nujazz etc, so in the end i probably wouldn't have to change my listening habits too much.

@cambian: just post some youtube links in order to show us how huge the spectrum of different dnb styles is. i'm pretty sure they'll all sound quite dnb-ish with just some minor variation in instrumentation, harmony and intensity of bass ^_^

• Like 1

@cambian: just post some youtube links in order to show us how huge the spectrum of different dnb styles is. i'm pretty sure they'll all sound quite dnb-ish with just some minor differences in instrumentation, harmony and intensity of bass ^_^

This

@solemn, im at work, and cant youtube. plus i have better things to do as ur all ignant.

@yoshi, no, it def doesnt

@wax, thnxs babe

why is this all on me, just cos i said dnb something which i proper like, im not asking you lot to listen to it am i!

I think it's argument for argument's sake here. There's a vast difference between liquid, ragga, jungle, jump up, tech, funky, etc drum and bass. We're going to run into the 'what is hip hop' argument again, as cultural categorisation vs genre expectations will come to the fore again (anything's hip hop if it's created by a hip hopper, right?).