Who's buying Gears 3 next week?

Steve

we have something like pgr-rating but much more strict:

In the German gaming community, the USK is very unpopular and often accused of censorship, since games that are refused classification may be listed on the List of media harmful to young people (colloquially known as the Index) by the Bundesprüfstelle für jugendgefährdende Medien (BPjM). This process is known as "indexing" upon which the titles may only be sold on request to adults over the age of 18, and are not to be advertised in retail stores or any other media. It is forbidden to supply them to minors. Hence, games with a USK 18 rating are not necessarily uncut, due to distributors striving for a rating. For example, the German version of Grand Theft Auto III does not feature headshots and is less gory, as well as having some weapons or their special effects removed. Some publishers like Microsoft choose not to cut their games (e.g. Gears of War) for a rating and do not release these games in Germany at all.

some indexed games: army of two, bulletstorm, doom, all call of duty games, f.e.a.r. 1, gears 1 and 2, half life, all quake games, prototype etc.

as i said for most games there is a cut german version, but some never get released.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

shit, i thought this wasnt coming out until the holidays. i will most likely pick it up next weekend then. im a big fan of horde, so feel free to send invites.

I've ordered this online from Zavvi, so hopefully it should be with me by Wednesday next week.

I got a dispatch email for this today, so it's on its way already. I doubt it'll turn up tomorrow though.

@jopa - Cool man. We'll try and make a better effort to actually organise days and times once a few of us have the game.

Why'd you get it from Zavvi for 37.85 when it's 36 quid in HMV the shop? Got mine yesterday but not tried it yet, was waiting for you folks.

Your guys copy arrived yet?

How many peeps we got so far? My bro's up for playing if we've not got enough (I played the last 2 with him and he doesn't want to be left out haha)

Why'd you get it from Zavvi for 37.85 when it's 36 quid in HMV the shop? Got mine yesterday but not tried it yet, was waiting for you folks.

I got the steelbook edition with an extra character. It was £39.85 I think, but I had a voucher for £3 off if you spend more than £30.

Mine has arrived! I'm up for some 4 player co-op tonight.

I got the steelbook edition with an extra character. It was £39.85 I think, but I had a voucher for £3 off if you spend more than £30.

Ah ok, fair play.

Bangin! What time? Have I got your gamertag ryan?

Ah ok, fair play.

Bangin! What time? Have I got your gamertag ryan?

Aye doob you're already on my friend list.

I wont be on tonight anywho. I'm sure i'll see yous over the next few days

x

Hmm,

I thought it was my DVD drive but I don't think it is. I tried all my old games (ones that aren't installed on it) and they all played fine. So may be it's the disk itself. I'll take the disk back tomorrow and get a new one.

Strange thing is, this happened with another recent game I bought, but when I took that back and got a new disk it worked fine again. Seems like an odd coincidence I'd get 2 dodgy copies of games though...

But yeah, Ryan's right, it'll be better once we got 4 people on the go!

Sorry if any of your time got wasted Steve!