Who's buying Gears 3 next week?

Steve

d00b - Gears 3 is on a new type of disc called "XGD3". MS developed it to give developers more room on the disc for storage, and so they could add new anti-piracy methods. XGD3 games can't be copied at the moment.

You might find that your drive just has an issue with XGD3 games and if so, MS may well replace your console with a brand new one. At the moment, the games coming out are a mix of XGD3 and XGD2 (the earlier disc type), but sooner or later they'll all be XGD3 so if new games don't play, but old ones will, it's almost certainly related to that.

It could just be a dodgy disc though, but I had a feeling that you would post that old games work, but this one doesn't.

No need to apologise anyway man. It's not your fault. I'm just gutted we couldn't play! Hopefully a replacement disc is all you need.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jumped str7 into multiplayer when i got it and damn this game is smooth gotta love those dedicated servers people fuckin explode once you hit'em with the shot gun. Pretty sure i was playin a team of spastics cus i did well straight off the bat

Anyone on tonight?

Somebody on Reddit posted this under the title "I hate where gaming is going" and he's right. My firend is getting the $100 COD so he can get the free downloads for a year. INCLUDE THE FUCKING MAPS IN THE GAME ASSHOLES! It's gone from a way of keeping you interested in a game to a blatant alternative tier for income and that bullshit.

I finished the single player. It's definitely one of the best campaigns I've played. The only criticisms I have of it is that on normal difficulty it was quite easy (maybe I've just got better at games since I played Gears 2 though) and some of the set piece moments seemed a little short, but it's a brilliant game. I can't wait to see what Epic do with the Gears franchise on the next generation Xbox.

I finished the single player. It's definitely one of the best campaigns I've played. The only criticisms I have of it is that on normal difficulty it was quite easy (maybe I've just got better at games since I played Gears 2 though) and some of the set piece moments seemed a little short, but it's a brilliant game. I can't wait to see what Epic do with the Gears franchise on the next generation Xbox.

I did notice it being a little easy too. But i got so caught up in the story it wasn't much a of a concern

Some scenes were just fuckin unreal graphics wise

We didn't really follow up any of are plans with this game eh? hah

We should totes play death match or something though. I had a few hours on that, and as you say - everyone's pretty shit. As it's such a team game, I think if we all played together and just stuck together as a team we could kick ass.