Who's buying Gears 3 next week?

Steve

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was thinking about it but likely will not. Just don't have any free money for now... thinking about COD too but just dunno if I wanna get into another game. Might even let my gold membership lapse for a while.

I haven't been into gaming for ages. I can't even remember the last time I played a game online. I'll pick this up though, cos even for the single player the Gears games are great and hopefully I'll get into playing some multi-player and beast mode with Ryanski (and anyone else that gets it).

Yeah, I basically have been thinking how I got all these games with great single player mode that I've never even TRIED to play so maybe just chill on the multiplayer and just play all the missions... and eventually get the new stuff when it drops in price. I bet Gears will drop in 6mo to a year... COD never drops much so that's why I might get it on release day if I can find the $ to do so.

I prefer single player games. I like the idea behind multiplayer games and I like pissing about and having a laugh with people online, but I'm yet to find an online multiplayer game that's really drawn me in. The zombie mode of COD: WAW was probably the most I've played online co-op and I did play that a lot, but I never really got into it in Black Ops.

I think the only games I'm going to buy this season outside of Gears are Uncharted 3 and Assassin's Creed: Revelations.

If we get 4 people to play through the campaign it should be recorded and posted on here it would clearly be one of the funniest things on the scractehrnet to date

Dirk get in on it you p00f

Fine!

Edit: I don't understand why this is funny tho.

funny fact: gears of war 3 is the first gears of war that will officially be released in germany (even uncut). dunno if i will get it though...

the other ones weren't released over here because they were thought to be too violent. in germany violent games have to be cut or they will be put on the index, which means they may not be advertised or even made visible in any way for persons under 18 years. i just don't see how the first ones were less violent than the third one...

one example is the ragdoll effect, which means beaing able to interact with dead enemies. in german versions you cannot interact with them (shoot or move the dead body), and in most games they disappear after a while.

Germany does seem very strict. I don't understand why, cos violent video games haven't been proven to be harmful to people and they have age ratings.

So we'll play this on Wednesday night then? Everyone up for that? What time do you want to meat up?

Cool, I've invited Ice Cube. Which "Ice" are you bringing, Dirk and d00b? It better not be Vanilla.

Police Ice.

^^These guys came to my school in 5th grade.