[Tutorial] Kurteek Combos

Yoshi

8:17 - 8:20 reminded me of what red jacket is doing a lot ...i might be wrong tho, dunno

Dunno man, maybe he does. But I always thought he's famous for his "boomerang with an extra click" (I've made a video on that too -- search on YouTube!)

Great vid.

I'm old, so a delayed 2-clicker to me is what Q-Bert calls a boomerang, so I got a bit confused for a sec.

Does 'delayed 2 clicker' now mean 'the last two-thirds of the autobahn'?

Because I've been wondering what to call that combo...

Great vid.

I'm old, so a delayed 2-clicker to me is what Q-Bert calls a boomerang, so I got a bit confused for a sec.

Does 'delayed 2 clicker' now mean 'the last two-thirds of the autobahn'?

Because I've been wondering what to call that combo...

Yeah, in Japan we call it a delayed flare.

Anyway, boomerang, delayed, autobahn, etc... are all 2-click! They just start with the fader closed. The fader hand is doing the same thing; the only difference is in the record hand.

Names should describe the skratch (like "2-click") and not be arbitrary names. Why the hell is it "delayed" in the first place? Southpaw, california roll, jackhammer,... wtf.

Anyway, boomerang, delayed, autobahn, etc... are all 2-click! They just start with the fader closed. The fader hand is doing the same thing; the only difference is in the record hand.

Names should describe the skratch (like "2-click") and not be arbitrary names. Why the hell is it "delayed" in the first place? Southpaw, california roll, jackhammer,... wtf.

IMMSMC, back around 2001-2002 aliosity said it was 'delayed' because the fader hand clicks later than it would for a normal flare, so the clicks fall on the change in direction instead of in the middle of the sound.

• 1 month later...

I agree about over use of names. It helps to some extent for communication purposes, but it also confuses at times. Healthy discussion comes out of it though.

The funny thing when you look at instruments like the guitar, etc. names for technique are very few in comparison. You have vibrato, bending, sliding, trills, tapping, sweeping, alternate picking, directional picking, tremolo picking, harmonics, pinch harmonics and not much else. Of course all of these techniques on guitar can be put together to create a variety of combinations, but there are really no names for the combinations you come up with. Seems turntablists are the only ones that do this that I'm aware of.