Finest Elements Looper

Guest Symatic

Guest Symatic

I've been working on this for a little bit.

Back in around 2008 a guy called Charles Munka, who does all the artwork for BTS Radio among other things, released a poster called "Finest Elements" which was an image compiled of all the cartoons he'd done of his favourite producers and rappers.

I loved the image and it most of the music i've been buying for the past few years has come from people on there.

So i've done a looper where there is a beat made by/for each of the producers/emcees on the poster.

I tried to keep the tempo varied, but keep a fairly consistent vibe between each of the samples, as there is quite a difference between most of count bass d's stuff and hudson mohawke's stuff, for example.

also i tried to keep the music from the era the poster was done in. i think the only one that doesn't count is mr dibia$e's bit, which was released in 2010 but he could well have made that beat a while ago. i just don't have any of his really early stuff like Jeep Bangaz (anyone care to help me out?)

I know James Brown's beat is technically a dilla beat, but then again THAT is technically a James Brown beat, so......

again it was a case of James brown's stuff sounding so different to the rest that i decided to go for the dilla version to keep it consistent.

I kept audio quality as high as possible, let me know if it takes ages to load or whatever and i can re do it at lower quality if needed.

ps, i take no credit for the dope beats, i just compiled them and did a tiny bit of editing. i also take no credit for the dopeness of the graphics, i just made the looper!

anyway, enjoy!

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=3MANQKP0

This is great.

The guy a couple of rows down, in the khaki coloured shirt (between 2 purple guys) - that beat is dope.

Mind you, the purple chap nearest the top left (above JB) has a top beat too.

Spoiled for choice here!

Excellent!

Guest Symatic

Can I just say I can only identify like 5 people in that cartoon, although it is dowp.

i can post a map of whos who if you want?

also is the file too big? i can re do it in mp3 quality if its a pain to download

either way, glad you like it!

Guest Symatic

Nah the filesize ain't a thang, for me at least.

I got a positive ID on RZA, Ras G(?), Pharrell(?), MF Doom and James Brown

what would pharell be doing on a picture of great producers?

huge props for doing a looper with good sound quality, I hate some loopers that have dope beats but they're like 96kbps mp3s. it's 2011 we can download 100 megs in a few minutes (probably seconds in europe). The beats are really nice for cutting too, I expected more conventional hip-hop beats but a lot of them are way different (in a good way). Any way we could get a tracklist for the beast?

Anyways, very nice looper, should be the blueprint for how to make a good looper. Fk videos and animations and shit I just want a bunch of beats that sound good, haha.

huge props for doing a looper with good sound quality, I hate some loopers that have dope beats but they're like 96kbps mp3s. it's 2011 we can download 100 megs in a few minutes (probably seconds in europe). The beats are really nice for cutting too, I expected more conventional hip-hop beats but a lot of them are way different (in a good way). Any way we could get a tracklist for the beast?

Anyways, very nice looper, should be the blueprint for how to make a good looper. Fk videos and animations and shit I just want a bunch of beats that sound good, haha.

cheers man, i hate shitty quality loopers too.

ill work on a tracklist for you too, it waqs really eye opening digging throughsome of these guys tunes. i wasnt familiar with floyd the locsmif but hes dope. same for a couple of other dudes...

if you want a tutorial i have made myself a 12-step tutorial cos i can never remember all the little things you have to do, but its way simpler than watching video tuts or the tut from yourlooper. they declined my tutorial for some reason, even though theirs dont make no sense! (no offence guys)

OK here are the ID's for everyone and the tracks used:

And for your copy-and pasting pleasure:

MF Doom - “Calamus Root”
Madlib - “Chrome Dreams”
Dibia$e - “Abstract”
Oh No - “No Aire”
Phat Kat - “Wolfz”
Floyd The Locsmif - “Jazz N Blues”
Samon Kawamura -“Playground”
Percee P - “The Dirt And Filth”
Grooveman Spot - “Intro (In Search Of)”
Hudson Mohawke - “Oversized Pencil Break”
John Robinson - “Connected”
James Brown (Jay Dee) - “This Is A Man’s World”
Waajeed - “Starz”
Guilty Simopson - “Footwork”
Gaslamp Killer - “Anything Worse”
Rza - “Rza’s Theme”
Ras G - “????” (on D-styles; "no assembly required" mix and one of the low end theory podcasts)
Count Bass D - “I’m Still Paranoid”
DJ Mitsu The Beats - “Playin’ Wit Crime”
Samiyam - “Swamp Tarts”
Flying Lotus - “Beautifulaccidents”
Jneiro Jarel - “N.A.S.A”
Jay Dee - “????” (on J.Rocc's "thank you Jay Dee" mix)

not seen this on yourlooper yet how come?

i just submitted it the other day but its still not there.

they never posted my other one either..... maybe im doing something wrong but i'm pretty sure you just send it in to them through the site.