Help: Need heaps of tracks at 90BPM

bruxism

Hi guys.

Been ages since i posted anything on here but i still lurk and keep an eye on what's what.

I don't really DJ anymore but i was wondering if somebody here could help me out.

In about a month i'm going to be running my first marathon. 42.2km's of torture. It should take me about 3 hours 45 minutes to get it done.

Anyway, i've found that my running cadence is about 180 steps per minute if i'm running well.

Is anyone willing to help me out with a whole bunch of tracks that are running at exactly 90BPM so i can run in time with them? I don't know if there's a quick way to set a whole bunch of tracks to that speed with ableton or whatever.

Thanks heaps if you can help.

peace

Tried doing it with drum and bass but just found that 90bpm hip-hop is a little more agreeable for 4 hours. It feels better somehow to have the beat hit on my left leg every time too. Marathoners are weird in general. Maybe I could switch to drum and bass for the last 10, painful kms. Cambian, you got about an hours worth?

I've got ableton on here somewhere Jon but never played with whole songs in it before. Could you chuck in a couple more instructions on what i need to do to make this happen?

yeh man, i'll go thru and dig out around an hours worth of 'nice' dnb, like liquid and cross over stuff which i think is good for running. unless u want dark tech stuff.

i have alot of diff kinds really (apart from jump up, dont have any of that)

Tried doing it with drum and bass but just found that 90bpm hip-hop is a little more agreeable for 4 hours. It feels better somehow to have the beat hit on my left leg every time too. Marathoners are weird in general. Maybe I could switch to drum and bass for the last 10, painful kms. Cambian, you got about an hours worth?

I've got ableton on here somewhere Jon but never played with whole songs in it before. Could you chuck in a couple more instructions on what i need to do to make this happen?

sure thing.

1.drag and drop a song file into ableton.

2. make sure the beat grid is correct for that song in the waveform view at the bottom, adjust it if it's off using the beat markers

3. change the master tempo in the top left of your screen to the desired bpm

4. highlight the file in the live view, copy it, then paste it into the arrange view (press tab to switch views)

5. press ctrl +A to make sure it's all selected then choose to export it (file menu)

Cambian, i get well into glitch hop and dubstep and i'm pretty sure when i do listen to drum and bass it's on the heavier side of the spectrum. I don't really know enough about the drum and bass scene to be too informed about what's the heavy stuff. Noisia and shock one are really the extent of my drum and bass knowledge currently