Is there a market for battle records anymore?

x2k

That and serato records are the only ones I buy.

What I would do is rip the serato tone and put that on one side (or half of one side) and do skipless loops and samples on the other side!

That and serato records are the only ones I buy.

What I would do is rip the serato tone and put that on one side (or half of one side) and do skipless loops and samples on the other side!

Yeah traktor just brought one of those out, is a good idea

I've been toying with the idea of putting one together but I'm a bit unsure whether or not anyone buys them any more...what you reckon?

I've heard that a lot of people wait for someone to rip them then share them and just use them in serato :/

I'll buy a battle record if it has good sounds I don't already own that i'd use. I tend to buy ones with more samples than beats, as battle break beats are rubbish on the whole (there are exceptions though!).

Scratching on a DVS sucks! I don't care if I have the sounds, I want a seriies of good scratch sounds... Like more compact good stuff. Who cares if it's new

Yes tom. I think Vekked was talking about putting one out with loads of skipless vocal samples which I would welcome. I don't think we need aaah and fressh anymore but I'd love a skipless vocal record so hop to it!

Surely you want a well rounded battle record with everything. You're loosing customers immediately as soon as you cut the ahh / fresh (personal opinion doesn't come in to it really), same with the drums. A couple of locked groove sections either way isn't much skin off your nose.

thats a point, a record full of useful drum hits at a decent spacing would be a god send

but i still stand by not needing beep ahh fresh. its about time the scene moved on abit from that imo

THERE IS NO SUCH THING AS CUTTING WITHOUT AN AHHH :d

Guest Symatic

ricci rucker's UTP's are awesome, i think there should be more like this.

there was that one called glue-pieces which was also good.

I recently got my hands on a copy of get 'em which has some awesome drum sounds on it, but i dunno if its a cock up with the pressing but the skipless bits could have been joined - theres a big gap between each section which can be a bit annoying...

Lorn's grief machine had some nice sounds on.

I do still cut the fuk out of aah and fresh - but we do need to progress!

i got a dubplate cut with skipless sounds and it was well worth the £30. gonna get another one. i got it done on proper vinyl so it lasts long time.

accapellas by rakim, early busta rhymes, beasties....... all good to cut with.

I was using a hi-fi demo record yesterday which is well cut so it lasts a long time before wearing, and it has loads of open instruments doing scales.

I've been toying with the idea of putting one together but I'm a bit unsure whether or not anyone buys them any more...what you reckon?

if you do i got some stuff you can have thats ready to go. Drums, Y vocal skips and -50 skips...

Thanks for the input guys, I'm gonna have a good think about it before I jump into anything.

if you do i got some stuff you can have thats ready to go. Drums, Y vocal skips and -50 skips...

Thats good to know...I may well be in touch ;)