Keyboards/Mice - What do you use?

Steve

At my old job I had a really nice Advent low profile keyboard but now I have a cheapie Kensington one. My laptop pne is just Dell but it's backlit. The downside is no num keypad so entering foreign characters is a bitch.

i dont really get a choice at work, so im not gonna talk about that.

at home tho, i have the perfect set up imo, tiny apple keyboard with apple magic mouse.

im not a gay apple fan boy tho. its just a good computer to me.

At home I use just a plain old Dell mouse and a cheapish backlit keyboard:

use a Mighty mouse (?) with the macbook and a logitec keyboard and generic wireless mouse at work

At work I uses a generic shit mouse & one of these

I took a bit of getting used to but once I got the hang of it it really helped with my wrist problems.

At home I use a standard keyboard & mouse which I bought for about £6 at my local computers store.

Also I can't really use one of those fancy mice because I keep switching between right & left hand...my left hand is pretty shit in generally but I'm pretty mousydextrouse now from learning to use it when my right had was really bad.

I did think about trying a Dvorak keyboard as in the long term it makes more sense to use one, but I think it would annoy me too much in the short term, plus every other computer I use (including my laptop) would have a QWERTY keyboard so I'd be constantly having to adjust.

Yeah mate. About 20 years ago I was waiting to get on a computer course and there was a wait of a few weeks. I had the chance to take a touch typing course in the mean time, so I did, as I didn't own a computer back then and wasn't experienced with typing. On the course was me, 1 other guy, and about 30 young women training to be secretaries. :d

I did a touch typing course too at school but becasue our teachers didnt quite know how to usde the "electronical typewiter machines" we pretty much spent most of the tiome playing duke nukem 3d on the network. I used to be able to touch type but have my hands hovering over the keyboard it was so natural... fucked me up though now that this is the my keyboard layout...

Takes forever for me to make smileys now!

• 2 weeks later...

This one is so slow. It's used... might b the problem. Kensington Orbit. Gonna try it on my other computer and see if I like it better. I have mixed feelings about the no trackball tho (it's not the newer one with the scrolling ring).