Doobz practice cuts

d00ban

i'd say work on your stabs and stab patterns more , but good stuff :)

Thx for the feedback bro, funnily enough that's what I've been working on (told you I was gonna bite your style haha), they've didn't really come through in this vid for some reason! Guess it's the tension I mentioned, went back to my default cuts somewhat

Cheers Foly, you always like my cuts for some reason! :d

yeah definitely too tense, its not as good as other clips you've posted...there's still some nice bits though.

I usually cut with ahhh too, so I'm more used to that and therefore cleaner etc.

Need to desensitise myself to the old recording tension, gonna get myself a larger memory stick for my camera and record more

Yeah it bizarre. Literally I'll find the beat and sample which match, have a little cut and be like "yeah that's cool, ill record" .. Try and do the same shit and it just doesn't come out right. I'm gonna just get a massive memory card for my camera and record everything and just edit the good bits together I think. It's the only way I can think of of recording my 'proper' cuts when I'm flowing.

I'm the same if i record any cuts on a mix (although i'm not as nice as you are at cutting) - you get certain patterns in your head you want to use and stuff, and it fucks with your flow...i generally don't like my cuts that i record though.

I must say I've never really got that fear. The hundreds of mistakes you hear on my recordings are no different to the mistakes I make when I'm not recording.

I think either the better you get (no disrespect) or maybe the longer you've been cutting, the more conscious of your mistakes you get.

I'm the same when it comes to scratching on mixtapes, I always want them super clean and tight, and if I can't get them like I want them in my head and I'm pressed for time I'd leave them out rather than have cuts on there I was half happy with.

yeah definitely too tense, its not as good as other clips you've posted...there's still some nice bits though.

Any thing in particular that you don't think is as good Wax? Is it the rhythms, cleanliness or what that you don't think is as good?

yeh man, theres nothing wrong with it. but i know you can flow better than that.

to me it was like u were trying to concentrate abit too much, whereas when we cut we're all nice and relaxed, like u say, its just a recording thing i reckon.

nice vid tho

Any thing in particular that you don't think is as good Wax? Is it the rhythms, cleanliness or what that you don't think is as good?

I think maybe what it is is the type/style of cuts you're doing lend themselves more to scratching sounds like ah/fresh. Like you're staying on a single syllable for a while and doing some cuts which utilise longer sounds, whereas things like the chirps sound better with short syllables. If you listen to someone like Babu, he's really nice with using the right techniques on the right syllables, and keeps the phrase/sentence moving. does that make sense?

hope that helps/makes sense

I think maybe what it is is the type/style of cuts you're doing lend themselves more to scratching sounds like ah/fresh. Like you're staying on a single syllable for a while and doing some cuts which utilise longer sounds, whereas things like the chirps sound better with short syllables. If you listen to someone like Babu, he's really nice with using the right techniques on the right syllables, and keeps the phrase/sentence moving. does that make sense?

hope that helps/makes sense

That's really good advice actually wax! Nice one, never thought of that