MPC2000 Memory?

Phontic

Ok, heres my problem. Im probably gonna by a MPC 2000 this week, but the fool im buying it from doesnt know shit about it. He got it at home, selling it on a friends behalf. But i neeed to explain too him, over the phone, how to find out how much memory there is in it, but i dont know how to do that either.

The bottom line is i need some buttons to tell him to press so he somwhere on the LCD sees the amount of memory that is in it.

Any 2000 users here?

2000xls i know are expandable 32mb think? and if you look around ,you can actually upgrade that 2000 to have a flash/sd/sm/cf card reader just like the new batch of 2000xl's,which are alot more stable than using the disk or zip drive. that is if you buy the mpc haha...how much is he selling it for?

Yep, they go up to a 32 megs, which should be enough for ya.

If you can find a SCSI cardreader, please tell me, i'm desperately looking for it, cuz those zips are the worst ever.

Floppies are only used to load the OS, can't store samples in there cuz it's so tiny. Maybe sequences & so, but why would you do that? im using the floppies if i want to transfer samples from pc to mpc, cuz the zip thing doesn't work all that well