Girl Talk

Wax On

I know a few people who seem to properly bum Girl Talk, but to me its just like any other mashup stuff, and with the existence of Ableton for example it's easier than ever, plus i don't think he uses acapellas with singing in them, which makes it easier. When it works it works well, but the rest of the time i'm indifferent to it.

Basically i think he's totally over-rated. Am I missing something?

I think he impresses non-DJs very easily but you're right Wax, what he does is basically what Ableton does itself so meh.

Dirk likes him I think and that little app thing someone posted which shows his mashups graphically in real time. Pretty cool.

I do and don't like him. I like mashups and remixes in general but think his whole stage act of taking his shirt off and running about is a joke. Most of his fans are idiots too. It's cool what he's doing but he's also super overrated.

Edit: really it just a ripp off of that mashup thing... Shit. 1000djs or something? Anybody know what I'm talking about? Whereas they were way earlier and more talented but no mainstream success... Which is always the case it seems.

Edit: really it just a ripp off of that mashup thing... Shit. 1000djs or something? Anybody know what I'm talking about? Whereas they were way earlier and more talented but no mainstream success... Which is always the case it seems.

You mean like 2 many DJ's ? soulwax kind of stuff ?