I played Black Ops last night

Steve

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Got mine yesterday and went straight into the online multiplayer, played for about 6 hours or so. Not bad, they definitely addressed some of the issues that people were complaining about e.g. no more One Man Army, no Commando, no quickscoping (yes!)

I'll probably save the campaign mode until the weekend.

ps3 id: Broke-1

add me if you're playing on PS3

My PS3 ID is monkeybosch , though be warned I am very shit (I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing).

Eurogamer have a 3 page face-off here: -

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-call-of-duty-black-ops-faceoff

The 360 version is better all round, including when you play the game in 3D, which is surprising. The PS3 version is the lowest resolution Call of Duty game ever released outside of Wii versions, so I don't know what happened at Treyarch, but it's definitely a step back from World at War.

More unlocks from the main menu; Copy and pasted from elsewhere:-

3ARC UNLOCK - Unlocks all Zombie Mode levels

ZORK - Unlocks Zork I: The Great Underground Empire

HELP - Gives you a list of commands to interface with the console

DIR - Gives a list of audio files and pictures which you can open with the CAT command (e.g. CAT NoteX.txt)

WHO - Gives a list of login names for use with the RLOGIN function (but they require a password)

Dead Ops is like a big budget version of IMADEAGAMESWITHZOMBIEZ i love it

Is dead ops 2 player?

Nah.. Shame too that'd be great!

I just caved in... I'll be online xbox in about 20 minutes

i seen your invite earlier pete i wasn't ignorin you. By the time i finished doin what i was doing it was too late

Got mine yesterday and went straight into the online multiplayer, played for about 6 hours or so. Not bad, they definitely addressed some of the issues that people were complaining about e.g. no more One Man Army, no Commando, no quickscoping (yes!)

I'll probably save the campaign mode until the weekend.

ps3 id: Broke-1

add me if you're playing on PS3

My PS3 ID is monkeybosch , though be warned I am very shit (I'm not sure if this is a good or bad thing).

I added you Deft, but there'll be a bit of lag considering I'm in Australia and you're in the UK. Still, I'll keep an eye out for you.

Having played the multiplayer for a couple of nights, I honestly think MW2 is better. Even though there isn't a Commando perk in Black Ops, the default lunge for every player seems to work like Commando anyway, so it's even worse than MW2.

I even put the MW2 disc back in the PS3 last night and went back to getting my prestige challenges done. 75 chopper gunner kills to go...

• 4 weeks later...

Dead Ops is like a big budget version of IMADEAGAMESWITHZOMBIEZ i love it

Is dead ops 2 player?

I was wrong! you can play up to 4 player.

----------------------------------------------------

Steve do you have the WAW zombie maps for black ops? i seen a video of them on youtube they look amazing.. Theres a load of dicks selling the codes from the black ops hardened edition on ebay for like £45.. Fuck off!!

Wonder when treyarch will release them as DLC

I suck at it as well, but I don't like the standard multiplayer and I've probably played 5 or 6 hours of it in total across all of the COD games. I prefer co-op games or games where you have to play as a team. COD has team deathmatch, but nobody plays as a team unless they're in a clan. I do love the zombies though!

I've only ever played this and MW2 online (only a couple of hours of MW2). Thought I'd start fresh with this and give it the full online attempt. I have enjoyed it and know the maps and everything pretty well. I seem to be getting worse though. The flag / domination type modes can be pretty cool. Normal team or individual deathmatch annoys me some time when people camp like homos. I know it's a fair tactic but maybe because I don't have the patience it annoys the fuck out of me. Suppose I should be more careful than running around like a lemming though innit.

I've only ever played this and MW2 online (only a couple of hours of MW2). Thought I'd start fresh with this and give it the full online attempt. I have enjoyed it and know the maps and everything pretty well. I seem to be getting worse though. The flag / domination type modes can be pretty cool. Normal team or individual deathmatch annoys me some time when people camp like homos. I know it's a fair tactic but maybe because I don't have the patience it annoys the fuck out of me. Suppose I should be more careful than running around like a lemming though innit.

Exactly, you gotta be patient, there always gonna be someone round the corner. The main thing is knowing the levels and how the respawn system works, which is basically they just spawn the opposite side of the map from your team! Dont camp, just always stay in cover or be running to cover when moving about, its simple.

It is hard but you get it after a while. It can be annoying not seeing anyone for ages (like 5 secs) and then your shot in the back or the last place you looked. your always going to play with 1 or 2 hardcore players that just smash everyone but tthats what they spend all there time on. if you aint seen anyone in the past 2 secs look behind you. I want to check out medal of honor at some point.

The thing is, if you go slower and take your time, you end up getting a lot more action that if you just run around and get gunned down, coz then you have to spawn further back annd then make your way back to the front line. i ain't played the new one, but I;m guessing theyre its the same, they all are