I played Black Ops last night

Steve

I only played some of the single player and the zombie mode. The single player is great. I dunno how long it lasts, but I really liked what I played and the graphics are great.

The standard version of the game comes with either 1 or 2 zombie maps. 1 is unlocked from the beginning, but I've read that you unlock another one (the map is based on The Pentagon apparently) if you complete the single played game. The zombie map that's unlocked from the beginning is great. You're in a large building with staircases and plenty of rooms to unlock. There's new weapons and new perks and the graphics have been updated. One of the new perks automatically revives you if you get downed by the zombies. As you're being revived, your character is lying on the floor and he pulls out twin pistols that are really powerful, so you can blast away at the zombies.

If you buy either of the special editions of the game, you get the 4 zombie maps from World at War included with upgraded graphics for the new Black Ops engine. These will be available to download on Live after the game has launched, but unfortunately, as they're updated maps, if you bought the old map packs for World at War that included the zombie maps, you can't just import those into Black Ops.

I am looking forward to some zombie action with DVers! Who's buying it and on what platform? I'll be getting the 360 version and I think Ryan and doob will do the same.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The one you get with all versions of the game is brand new. The one that you can supposedly unlock by completing the single player game is brand new too.

The 4 maps that come with the special editions are updated versions of the zombie maps from the old game. These will be available on Live for those that buy the standard edition of the game.

No doubt with each new multiplayer map pack for Black Ops, you'll get an entirely new zombie map as well, just like with WAW.

They're still Nazis. It seems the crawlers die after a certain amount of time too, so you can no longer leave one crawling about while you board up all the windows! The weapons are a mix of modern and older weapons.

It's quite hard playing it on your own, which is all I can do right now. I'm trying to suss out the map, but it seems it's quite big. I unlocked a few doors and ended up outside, but zombies were coming from everywhere. I also found a room with a large table mounted machine gun in it, but it wouldn't let me use it until I've turned the power on. As yet, I can't find where you turn the power on, but I've only had 3 goes.

The bonuses that the zombies drop (double points etc.) have all been the same as in the previous game so far.

Looking forward to it. I got it preordered on PS3 but have debated switching... if we lived in the same time zone I defo would have gone for 360.

What's the time difference? It's currently just past 9 PM here as the clocks went back an hour at the weekend. I can see me and Ryan doing some late night sessions on this (no homo), although I don't like the regular multiplayer, so I'll only be playing the zombie mode.

I guess it's 6 hrs (5 right now until we have our daylight savings next week)... and I usually can't get on until 9 or 10 so that would be 4 am for you guys... lol...

I can see me and Ryan doing some late night sessions on this (no homo)

Debatably.

Seriously though i have had many late nights on the ole fun box but the chances of me starting fresh at 4AM are slim

There's a crazy hidden secret in this game's menu screen: -

When you're at the main menu, you can look around using the right stick. If you look down, you'll notice that you're looking through the eyes of your character and you're strapped to a chair by your wrists. If you press the left and right trigger in quick succession alternately, you can break out of the bonds holding you in the chair and walk around. If you walk up to a computer, you can hold down X to use it. It brings up a DOS screen with an on screen keyboard. Type the following, hitting enter after each prompt: -

cd bin

doa

And it unlocks a hidden 2D top down zombie arcade game called Dead Ops Arcade. Once it's unlocked the game is added to the list of maps for the zombie mode, so you don't have to do it every time. You also get 2 achievements for doing this - 1 for breaking out of the bonds and the other for unlocking the zombie game.

There's also a door that I reckon you can get through by typing other commands into the computer. If you type in "help" and press enter, it brings up a list of commands you can type.

There's a crazy hidden secret in this game's menu screen: -

When you're at the main menu, you can look around using the right stick. If you look down, you'll notice that you're looking through the eyes of your character and you're strapped to a chair by your wrists. If you press the left and right trigger in quick succession alternately, you can break out of the bonds holding you in the chair and walk around. If you walk up to a computer, you can hold down X to use it. It brings up a DOS screen with an on screen keyboard. Type the following, hitting enter after each prompt: -

cd bin

doa

And it unlocks a hidden 2D top down zombie arcade game called Dead Ops Arcade. Once it's unlocked the game is added to the list of maps for the zombie mode, so you don't have to do it every time. You also get 2 achievements for doing this - 1 for breaking out of the bonds and the other for unlocking the zombie game.

There's also a door that I reckon you can get through by typing other commands into the computer. If you type in "help" and press enter, it brings up a list of commands you can type.

Sweet i love when things like this are added to games.. how'd you find it? jus screwing around?

Edit* just read your post again.. the chances you found that jus "screwing around" would mean you're an absolute mentaloid.. ignore my silly question

There are clues in the zombie maps that you can play. There's other codes, and I'm sure you can find other secrets with those. I read it on a forum, cos I'd probably never have discovered that. I owned World at War for months before discovering there was a secret in the zombie mode of that, and I'd played it hundreds of times - I only found that out because of a YouTube video, lol.

Its confirmed that The Pentagon zombie map is unlocked after you've watched the credits when completing the single player game. When you play 4 player co-op in that, you play as JFK, Nixon, Castro and McNamara, haha: -

http://i.imgur.com/cXjZs.jpg

So for zombies: -

Map 1 = Kino Der Toten (Theatre of the Damned) which is unlocked from the start

Map 2 = The Pentagon which is unlocked by finishing the single player campaign

Map 3 = Dead Ops, which is unlocked using the method I posted above, although it's a 2D top down arcade game, not a standard zombie map

Plus if you buy the Hardened or Legendary Edition, you get the 4 maps from World at War too, which should be available on Live at a later date for people who buy the regular version.

Man I can't wait! I really wanna get it on both systems.... but wouldn't make any sense. I keep reminding myself that I have to redo my gold membership if I get it on 360 so really I'm paying a lot more for the game on 360.

I need to get a gold membership... anybody know whats the cheapest in the US? I was at Target and it was $59! I thought it was more like 30!

Got mine yesterday and went straight into the online multiplayer, played for about 6 hours or so. Not bad, they definitely addressed some of the issues that people were complaining about e.g. no more One Man Army, no Commando, no quickscoping (yes!)

I'll probably save the campaign mode until the weekend.

ps3 id: Broke-1

add me if you're playing on PS3