Classic scratch tapes/mixes

Jon

Infamous - Secular Humanoiz

Babu - Comprehension

Faust - Man or Myth

FuseOne - Metamorphosis

Qbert - DPSM

I prefer multi-tracked scratch/mixtapes than people just scratching over beats. I do like Pharaohs of Funk though and I listened to the Ruck's Braille tape a fair bit when I first got it.

i have been listenin to toadstyle radio a bit..

fuseone - irregular - not strictly a skratch tape tho..

just been listenin to Mr Dibbs - turntable scientifics. few annoying bits in it but its good overall

i have been listenin to toadstyle radio a bit..

fuseone - irregular - not strictly a skratch tape tho..

just been listenin to Mr Dibbs - turntable scientifics. few annoying bits in it but its good overall

Dibbs-turntable scientifics is ill! If we're talking mixtapes anything done by Buddy Peace in the past few years is incredibly killer. His Buck 65 47516 megamix in particular is nuts.

DPSM + Camel Bob Sled were the first proper scratching I ever heard . . Alot of the fast transform and stab stuff Q was doing on DPSM still hasn't been topped imo.

Although not a pinnacle of cutting, that first Yoda tape "jews PAid" I used to love, the first fancy mutli tracked tape by a uk DJ I remember hearing.

Switchblade is still to this day too off the hook . .

• 3 weeks later...

One of my favorite is:

DJ Mayonnaise - I'm Not A Turntablist

http://tablist.net/audio/by/artist/dj_mayonnaise

I've got several tapes here : http://tablist.net/mixes

big up,

honna.

Yes! I listened to this tonnes when I first discovered it. It was the first time I heard Atmosphere-Scapegoat.

Hey Jon are you interested in classic mixes as well?

For sure :) Have you heard Shadow's old radio mixes when he was 17-18? They were insanely good! I'll up one next time I'm home as I don't have them on my laptop.

• 3 months later...
  • 11 months later...

vinyl addicts mixtapes from benzo, spontaneous, and stizo. i had all four which was one for each dj and then "3 the hard way" each cassette was a different color and most were bought from the "spic mall" in humboldt park. i really wish i still had them, but i cant find any of my old cassettes. really is a shame, because the mixes were very fucking solid both in selection and technique, and i cant find any of them online. basically like the midwest's beat junkies... skilled enough to win battles, but enjoy rocking parties more...

I don't know if you mean strictly skratch-only mixtape, but here are two of my favs with some good scratching and juggling as well as mixing (click to DL)

DJ Nando & Mike C - my sides better... naw mine is

DJ Noize - Hand that rocks the tables

^^There is another good Noize one too... forget the name off the top of my head but it still gets plays.

I always wanted to get some Total Eclipse and Mr. Sinista tapes but both of them would sell out so fast and musta done real small runs.