doubletiming scratches

Tbtf

know the pattern really accurate at a slow speed

at first practice without a beat so you dont have to worry about matching a tempo

try speeding it up gradually. dont go for fast straight away, just keep it under control and speed it up a little at a time

if you have trouble look at some videos of scratchers doing the pattern fast

take note of their hand posture, particularly on the cross fader

try different cross fader postures out

go for a comfortable posture that you can move into other combos with to help you flow with the pattern later on

when you start to get it down fast practice with a beat going from normal time to double time

know the pattern really accurate at a slow speed

at first practice without a beat so you dont have to worry about matching a tempo

try speeding it up gradually. dont go for fast straight away, just keep it under control and speed it up a little at a time

if you have trouble look at some videos of scratchers doing the pattern fast

take note of their hand posture, particularly on the cross fader

try different cross fader postures out

go for a comfortable posture that you can move into other combos with to help you flow with the pattern later on

when you start to get it down fast practice with a beat going from normal time to double time

yeh what he said. you will notice that it is the same with a lot of different scratches too. so like its the same to double time flares and chirps pretty much, so once you get one double timed you should be able to do the other more easily.

Try practicing over loads of different tempo's , gradually speeding up till you got em locked.

the biggest breakthrough I ever got in scratching was realising there are way more rhythms than just normal and double (silly i know). like half time, triplets, syncopated etc then u can flip any single scratch like loads of different ways - but thats another matter i guess

i second all of the above. inceasing the speed gradually helped me a lot. just play a beat from a record (or the focus looper) and start with a tempo your comfortable with, than gradually raise the pitch.

just play some halftime beats and try to scratch over them....sorry but there's not much more to say

edit: forget things like "boomerangs" and whatnot. (what are those anyway?) invent and imitate, that's all i've got to say..