1TB External USB drive recommendations

Dan

I've almost run out of storage space so need a new external drive, any suggestions? Looking at reviews on different sites a lot of drives seem to be hit an miss, it needs to be reliable and 7200rpm ideally. Oh and work on PC and Mac if possible.

I've almost run out of storage space so need a new external drive, any suggestions? Looking at reviews on different sites a lot of drives seem to be hit an miss, it needs to be reliable and 7200rpm ideally. Oh and work on PC and Mac if possible.

Don't know if this bears any significance or not, but i've got a portable LaCie drive, and to use it with a mac as well as PC I had to create a seperate partition for moving stuff to and from Mac.

Seriously Seagate I think's good. Try Maplin for a good deal.

Western Digital 1tb are quite cheap at the moment, i think they are around £110 if you look around.

DONT get the new Seagate 1tb drives, they are really shitty and cheap.

I got one for chrimbo and sent it back after 2 days as it was making a really load clicking sound.

sent it back and was told that by seagate that they have had over 15,000 returned so far across europe.

i got an iomega 1Tb networked hardrive , pretty good if you've got a laptop and dont wanna keep moving the harddrive around the house. You can also plug another usb hard drive into it so you can get 2 harddrive on the network.

http://www.google.co.uk/products/catalog?hl=en&client=firefox-a&q=iomega+network+hard+drive&cid=18275735303333045929&sa=title#p