What game should I buy?

djdiggla

got a gift certificate.

Was thinking the newest Call of Jarrez: bound in blood (western shooter--leaning towards that), or MAG (the 250 person multiplayer shooter game).

Also thought about Battlefield Bad Company 2 or Assassins Creed (everyone says it's good but not something I wold usually buy). Looked at FarCry 2, Blitz, and that Marvel comics RPG... something else...

i thought assassin's creed 2 was one of the dopest games I've ever played, but then again I'm not a big fan of shooters...and looking at your selection of games it seems like that's more up your alley. I've heard bad co 2 is supposed to be really good.

ee.z

@iexist: ohhh! Might wait for Red Dead! Loved that on xbox!

@Bubba-yeah, I like shooters... But COD is so good I was thinking of something totally different so I'm not disapointed.... That marvel rpg, ass creed, maybe a fighter like tekken

Tekken is great- single player takes a reasonable amount of time to complete too. I've not had much time to complete the games i already own, but I'm definetly going to get the new final fantasy when I've completed them.

well I found assassins creed 2 to be a really fresh alternative. especially because I was such a huge zelda and prince of persia fan, i kind of found this to be the ultimate orgasm for continuing on those kind of games. it's just so dope, you can brutally murder people (with sooo much style tho), free run around houses and then it has the fun of prince of persia to it, as you have to jump and run certain parts. this combined with some religious conspiracy story a la the angels and demons by dan brown and it equals to just pure gaming fun in my view. But as I said Im not a big fan of shooters...I mean COD is really cool and all, but it's just waaaay too realistic in my view. After an hour of gaming I have the feeling as if I'm like this war fanatic, and actually I do have a big issue with war. Don't get me wrong, lieing around using a sniper rifle is fun and all, but more if you're sort of battling online or fighting with your mates...but alone for a few hours straight I actually find it kind of sick...Hence my next game is gonna be Unchared 2 because as steve and my mates have said it's probably the best game they've ever played. Then I might get tekken 6 as well, as that looks really cool. I bought Street Fighter 4, but have no fucking chance as the commands are just way too complicated and I don't get past the third or fourth opponent. Currently I'm playing skate 2, which is really cool being an x skater and all, but also fairly difficult...but yeah...so much for my two cents on games. i ain't no expert.

Guest broke

IMO other shooters just don't quite measure up to MW2's standards.

But try Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising, it's a bit different from the average shooter.

@Bubba-yeah, I like shooters... But COD is so good I was thinking of something totally different so I'm not disapointed.... That marvel rpg, ass creed, maybe a fighter like tekken

red dead isnt out until may. =P

i still havnt made it to level 70 on COD yet.. not even sure if i will prestige. but until then, i'm in no hurry to get a new shooter. i need to play the new bioshock again for a 2nd time. thats a good game to get!

MW2 is almost unplayable now on the xbox due to cheaters and next level campers.. Hows the PS3 scene?

I completely agree! there are so many cheaters and campers an the xbox its almost unplayble...

There is nothing worse to be midway through a game and then 4 or 5 emergency airdrops all land at the same time! its rediculous! I had to quit 3 games in a row untill i found a game whre people werent cheating or runinng around with dual shotguns! im getting close to stopping playing really... especially if you want to unlock everything (titles and badges) you need about 3000 kills with every weapon! its hardly worth it becasue nobody is ever gonna do it!

Im looking to get bad company next week for my birthday it looks rather good fun, but never played the previous games...

What happened to diablo 3 ? I was going to save up for a new rig to play it, but chances are the release date has been postponed again to the end of the year.

MW2 is almost unplayable now on the xbox due to cheaters and next level campers.. Hows the PS3 scene?

I completely agree! there are so many cheaters and campers an the xbox its almost unplayble...

There is nothing worse to be midway through a game and then 4 or 5 emergency airdrops all land at the same time! its rediculous! I had to quit 3 games in a row untill i found a game whre people werent cheating or runinng around with dual shotguns! im getting close to stopping playing really... especially if you want to unlock everything (titles and badges) you need about 3000 kills with every weapon! its hardly worth it becasue nobody is ever gonna do it!

Im looking to get bad company next week for my birthday it looks rather good fun, but never played the previous games...

What happened to diablo 3 ? I was going to save up for a new rig to play it, but chances are the release date has been postponed again to the end of the year.

what you on about pete? thats not cheating is it. theres a perk which drops 4 air drops at a time, u know that right? and akimbo shotuns arent that hard to deal with if you know what your doing, just stay far away from em!

i think its a wicked game, theres certainly no cheaters and never had a problem with campers... may be you need to sort out your perk set ups or something to deal with em better??

what you on about pete? thats not cheating is it. theres a perk which drops 4 air drops at a time, u know that right? and akimbo shotuns arent that hard to deal with if you know what your doing, just stay far away from em!

i think its a wicked game, theres certainly no cheaters and never had a problem with campers... may be you need to sort out your perk set ups or something to deal with em better??

You mean to say that you've yet to be in a game where a pave low suspiciously appears barely a minute into the game? if you do notice that click the button on the left to check the scores. I can guarantee you that theres some guy at the top of the board with 9 kills no deaths, and another at the bottom with 9 deaths no kills. What they're doing is hiding somewhere in a bush like two bummers with tactical insertions one is knifing the other in the head every time he respawns.. The pricks will usually do this right up to 25 kill and bring in a nuke. I was in a game that was nuked in like a minute and a half! WTF is the point?!

And the campers.. Dear gawd! some of the places i seen people sitting. And i aint no n()()b at this game anymore.. well not compared to what i was at the start.. Before shit got out of hand i was finishing the game by reaching the score limit with as little as 4 deaths. a bad game was finishing 3rd. <-- show off

Ps: Prestige mode is utter bullshit too.. Makes no sense

When you get an air drop, you can glitch it by climbing over a wall.... you select the air drop sothe flare is in your hand. you climb onto a wall, during the climb you press the D-pad left twice before its finished climbing and then you can get the airdrop but you dont use your kill streak (bad explanation, but you can see it working on youtube). Rinse and repeat... with the less subtle players you get 5 or 6 supply choppers coming in at the same time.

red dead isnt out until may. =P

i still havnt made it to level 70 on COD yet.. not even sure if i will prestige. but until then, i'm in no hurry to get a new shooter. i need to play the new bioshock again for a 2nd time. thats a good game to get!

I still haven't played either Bioshock or that game Fallout

I've played bad company 2 and mw2 on the pc - BC wins hands down for me.

Are we talking xbox? If so check out the new final fantasy!

PS3

I hate campers too... such a bore of a game to have to sit there and never get a kill b/c everyone is sniping and you don't want to get shot again.