Akai MPD32 - Anyone got/used one?

Dan

i got an mpk24 recently and gotta admit that i was a little suprised at how stiff and unresponsive the pad were. Definitly wished i'd taken the time out to try out some other options. Saying that the weight of the keyboard is pretty nice and the all-in-one'ness of it is pretty handy cause i don;t have much space any more. Would like to know how the other pad compare.

My friend bought an MPD32 yesterday. I went up to the shop with him, tried it out, it's a good machine. Anyone hating on the pads is probably just another MPC purist snob ;)

• 5 years later...

NEWB Q: sorry to drag this post back from the dead, but does anyone know how to get the pads to work as oneshot? just got the mpd yesterday and ive tried the MTY TGL thing and it doesnt work. using it with Logic's exs24 and everything is selected automatically as oneshot in the exs... not a clue what im missing.

If you want to trigger a one-shot sample you have to do it in the software sampler your using. It's the same with an MPC - the pad always sends note on & note off messages , it's how the sound generator responds to those messages that determines whether it plays as a one shot.

If you want to trigger a one-shot sample you have to do it in the software sampler your using. It's the same with an MPC - the pad always sends note on & note off messages , it's how the sound generator responds to those messages that determines whether it plays as a one shot.

yeah man one shot is selected automatically in exs and ive rechecked the boxes that represent that. no dice :/?

EDIT: oKay if anyone else is having this problem i found this: https://forum.ableton.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=114046&p=893393&hilit=mpd+midipipe

Still working my way through that, and probably will be for a while... If theres any more progress i will edit again. Surely there must be Logic users with an MPD somewhere using it successfully.

Edited by mankyy

Does the sound stop immediately when you release the pad, or is it always the same length? A oneshot sample should be always the same length but it can still be shaped by the ADSR envelope (depending on the sampler used).

I'm not a Logic/EXS user but have you tried messing with the ADSR envelopes?