Where'd you get your DJ name?

Wax On

Iits my nick name (thats right people call me dooban). My mum called me it once when all my friends were there and it has just stuck and spread since then. I don't like the whole idea of thinking up a completely random word and putting 'DJ' in front of it, so just stuck with Dooban.

MaxMills - come's from my middle name being maximilian...

used to dj as quadrix...that came from the whole quadrophonic sound thingy...wanted to sound technical...was bs in my view. prefer maxmills...

That's a dope middle name!

the only nicknames you got were ones you didn;t what to carry around with you ...

Too true

Haha... good post. What's ur story, wax?

No story with me really. I just decided on mine cos i wanted something in the style of some hip hop kung fu shit, but less hardcore cos i'm not very hardcore. Originally i wanted to be Darth Fader but then found out it'd been taken. I rolled as Zero-T for a few weeks or so before hand. It's when all that was on the news was stuff about zero tolerance.

Randy - I didn't realise it was from TPB, big ups.

Bubba - Maximillion is a FUCKING BAD ASS middle name.

It's maximilian with an a...but I was thinking of rollin as MaxImillion for a while...but that seemed kinda wack. I may re-register as Maximilian, seeing that my avatar's been fucked as well... :)

But thanks for the compliments. As a kid I didn't like it, but these days I've realised that it's actually quite dope...when I was in primary school I wanted to be called someone from the A-team...but yeah...that never stuck (thank fuck!)

Aight fellas, i'm off to Brazil for three weeks now...might check in at some point...but we'll see :)

Pee.z

O.

But thanks for the compliments. As a kid I didn't like it, but these days I've realised that it's actually quite dope...when I was in primary school I wanted to be called someone from the A-team...but yeah...that never stuck (thank fuck!)

I know what ya mean, B.A.

I didn't like Dirk as a kid (which is actually my middle name too but my pops has the same first name as me so I've always gone by my middle).

in middle school one of my friends used to make fun of my name; he called me jew stain coz my name is justin. then he flipped it into jews of all stains and shit like that. one day in high school, i was drinking one of those free orange juices you get at school and he said "look juice stain is drinking a juice box" then my homegirl said " juice box!" everyone started fucking cracking up and ive become juse box ever since. every one just calls me juse, or jugo, and i got a homeboy that calls me J-U- ice. now im reminiscing bout my homies back home...

I bought a playstation (one) with my then flatmate and he insisted on getting Tekken.

I'm not really into fighting games so I used to always pick Eddy Gordo and do the same move over and over again and win the cheats way.

He had a mate at uni who did the same who was called Johnny so he called my style "Johnny 1 Move tactics"

When I got my first gig in Liverpool I fancied a new DJ name so I used that, the next day someone asked me if I was Johnny 1 Move and said that it was a really memorable name so I kept it.

When I started playing breaks out I used "Micky Fun" as thats what the people who ran the night called me, but when I was playing a few gigs a month with each persona it got confusing so I dropped one. I even had a promoter once phone me up to book "Johnny" then said he was going to try and book "Micky" too and asked if I had his phone number!