Make beats with your keyboard

Guest Mike Reezy

Guest Mike Reezy

lets you pick any mp3 or wav sound and map it to your keyboard. You can drag and drop them so its real easy. Has loop functions also, as well as like some pitch shifting or something like that. I dont have an MPC so....

Let me know if you use it or not. I fucked with it a bit.

I loaded up a ton of fresh samples and let my 4yr old go at it. She had a blast, and was makng some tight sounding shit too!

Only drawbackis that the only way to record is by using stereo mix.

download link

Edited by Mike Reezy

Guest Mike Reezy
Damn! Thats cool Mike.

I already have a midi keyboard but for people who dont this is great!

call me stupid... but whats a midi keyboard? A keyboard thats midi? not a computer keyboard w/midi tho right? LOL

you use your keyboard to make beats? There needsto be like usb rubber pad midi shit...

Edited by Mike Reezy

Damn! Thats cool Mike.

I already have a midi keyboard but for people who dont this is great!

call me stupid... but whats a midi keyboard? A keyboard thats midi? not a computer keyboard w/midi tho right? LOL

you use your keyboard to make beats? There needsto be like usb rubber pad midi shit...

Well mine is a midi usb keyboard

no way thats cool, ill try that when i get home.

MIDI stands for Musical Insrument Digital Interface, or something like that, a midi keyboard looks like a normal (musical) keyboard but instead of playing notes it sends a digital message, the digital messages can be assigned to any sound/sample, they can be used with samplers to trigger sounds. theres more to it then that, thats kind of a basic description of what midi is.

no way thats cool, ill try that when i get home.

MIDI stands for Musical Insrument Digital Interface, or something like that, a midi keyboard looks like a normal (musical) keyboard but instead of playing notes it sends a digital message, the digital messages can be assigned to any sound/sample, they can be used with samplers to trigger sounds. theres more to it then that, thats kind of a basic description of what midi is.

Its a pretty good description to be fair.

X2k I would like one of those....I bet they are about £300 right? :(

They ain't quite that bad, turnkey has them for £139.99

http://www.turnkey.co.uk/tkweb/stockdetail...D16&context=WEB

The other controller which looks interesting is the Korg microKONTROL, it has drum pads, a 3 octave keyboard and assignable sliders for about £199 (dunno if the drum pad would feels as nice as the Akai unit though)

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/d2/page/shop...3f9594d1e341ed5

any midi footpedal will do, but Mike was the one who found "Soundplant" i was merely saying Ambiloop was another fun program, Clownstizzle aka clownstyle told me about it lol also if you odn't have a footpedal you can use buttons on your key board, just find a cheap foot pedal hook it up to your laptop and you're good to go

Guest Mike Reezy

WHat are those prices in English? Do you think that MPC cxontroller feels the same as the MPC1 or 2? You can use it as midi or as USB right? SO baysically if you have a computer andplan on using it alot for beat production, then that MPC USB controller would be good for you? It just seems ike it would be alot cheaper than getting an MPC.

Is there such thing as a USB foot pedal (i dont have MIDI)?

If not, is there a MIDI 2 USB converter?

Any links on some decent cheap midi pedals?

You said I could use my keyboard if I didnt have a midi pedal right? Could I use a mouse instead of a keynoard?

I have extra junk mices as well as keyboards, I was thinking I could modify one of them into a pedal strictly for ambiloop.

Fuck buying an rc-20xl if I can do it with my computer and my keyboard (if I can make it comfortable).

Also how many layers can you remove or w/e, bcuz I know u can only remove the last one you did w/ the rc20.

Thanks for the answers guys

WHat are those prices in English? Do you think that MPC cxontroller feels the same as the MPC1 or 2?  You can use it as midi or as USB right? SO baysically if you have a computer andplan on using it alot for beat production, then that MPC USB controller would be good for you? It just seems ike it would be alot cheaper than getting an MPC.

You said I could use my keyboard if I didnt have a midi pedal right? Could I use a mouse instead of a keynoard?

I have extra junk mices as well as keyboards, I was thinking I could modify one of them into a pedal strictly for ambiloop.

Fuck buying an rc-20xl if I can do it with my computer and my keyboard (if I can make it comfortable).

Also how many layers can you remove or w/e, bcuz I know u can only remove the last one you did w/ the rc20.

Mike, what you're talking about is called a midi interface. It connects to your comp via a usb (or sometimes serial) port, and allows you to connect a number of midi devices to your computer. They're quite cheap really.

Guest Mike Reezy

i want one but I am not sure what I can do with it. I want to start making beats and shit, and I want an MPC, but if this is only $200, I want to find out what you can actually do on it. I am confused by the whole midi shit.

This picture looks like they have different samples assigned to each pad w/ the software that comes with it. How do you record and shit?

WHat are those prices in English? Do you think that MPC cxontroller feels the same as the MPC1 or 2?  You can use it as midi or as USB right? SO baysically if you have a computer andplan on using it alot for beat production, then that MPC USB controller would be good for you? It just seems ike it would be alot cheaper than getting an MPC.

Best thing to do if you havent got midi input is to buy a usb keyboard like me.

Then you can link the pedal up to your keyboard!

holly shits!! how much is that mpd16 in US currancy?!?! the older mpd had wack pads that looked or felt nothing like the mpc's. this one looks really fresh.

$200 click on link below

ahhhh dammit...see thats the old one...im talkin about that new blue one. the new MPC's are blue now just like the new MPD. oh well,theres really no point for me actually...even though hands on is more fun,i seem to do better puttin shit into the sequencer by clickin shit lol.