2tall The Softer Diagram LP

muzzell

Yeah, tis a quality album, I kinda didn't get into it at first then started listening to it again and really connected with it. Shifting Tides is one of my fav albums too. jim4thewin!

His new Omunit stuff is crazy, I had him come down to Kingston on Thursday to do a new live set- straight h33t. In my opinion his new stuff is some of his best work since Shifting Tides. Although all his other albums have good standout tracks and his production has increasingly improved, Shifting Tides has always been a really complete album for me with no songs that could be skipped. Plus it's a subtle scratch related album that doesn't scream "look at me I'm scratching flutes aren't I clever". Everything is subtly done and rhythmic. It's probably my favourite scratch related album of all time.

The softer diagram has some ill tracks too: 'a word', 'distant shadows', 'harbour lights', 'the most high'...

i am going to dissapear to the countryside next year and make the final 2tall album on my own with no distractions i've decided

russ if u want a copy i'll sort you out a digital zip, although i know its been shared out, someone'll probably have it as mp3, i really dont give a fuck if someone wants to just link it in here tbh

p.s.

i am going to dissapear to the countryside next year and make the final 2tall album on my own with no distractions i've decided

russ if u want a copy i'll sort you out a digital zip, although i know its been shared out, someone'll probably have it as mp3, i really dont give a fuck if someone wants to just link it in here tbh

p.s.

You'll keep doing Om Unit though, right?

i am going to dissapear to the countryside next year and make the final 2tall album

:(

jim are you leaving music alone for bit? you got a proper job? your back cat is real nice. I would be well happy to have writen half the stuff you done.

hope your well bro aint seen you in the flesh for a few years now.

i would like a copy of it but i would also like to pay for it. might try and order the 12" at the weekend

2tall is almost done basically..

om unit is my new baby, its a painful move in a way but its a necessary awakening.

everything i've done up to now has been under par, however authentic sounding, i have never truly been happy with any of it and i have to cut the ties that bind.

this is a move in the right direction..

http://www.myspace.com/omunit

everyone goes nuts for the joker remix, but that's just a banger i made, most of my new material is like spacey deep house at 100bpm. steamy! haha

i dunno, i just stopped taking it all so seriously - i even started cutting again recently just for fun.

i am still here just not the same guy you used to know mate, all the bullshit i've been through releasing 3 1/2 albums just led me to a place where i realised so much about the industry side of things.

now im fixing up, I have a publishing deal on the table and brighter, more autonomous prospects where i don't have to rely on amateurs.

i hope to release the last 2tall album on content as dday knows whats up. then, that's it.

after that who knows, i am already doing some songwriting and producing with a friend of mine from france called dajla - http://www.myspace.com/dajla

also im learning piano slowly, and buying boogie funk records and old school dance classics.

i quit smoking again too - just trying to stay awake so i can keep pushing forward, shedding skins along the way.

i plan to put up all my albums on my myspace for free download this weekend, i'll link it here too.

anyway enough about me reh reh reh! lol

played the joker remix non stop this weekend, absolutly awsome tune , so catchy - played it to a few mates that are not normally into that style, but everyone was snapping necks all over the shop ! Tried looking for it on itunes - is it getting a release ?

played the joker remix non stop this weekend, absolutly awsome tune , so catchy - played it to a few mates that are not normally into that style, but everyone was snapping necks all over the shop ! Tried looking for it on itunes - is it getting a release ?

On a side note...have you heard much of joker's stuff mate? The majority of it is great. check juno/beatport etc for his stuff

it'll be out on kapsize if joker does a decent remix of one of my tunes, fingers crossed

• 1 month later...

buying ... old school dance classics.

easy jim...

this might be a bit late....but....

I have LOOOAAADS....what are you after exactly?

mr fingers, early techno juan atkins, stuff thats in that "can you feel it" vein really - spacey bass stuff.. what you sayin?

oof...right then!

as it sits, 90% of my records are in storage, ive been meaning to pick them up for about 6 months...but i dont really have the room in my flat, i may well be tempted to pass 'em on tho - hence the mention!

when i can get to em - ill list em up for ya man...u can have first dibbs innit

might be a while before i get back to you, but leave it with me, ill have loads of shit youll want, im sure.

inabit yo