Preview from our upcoming EP

djfoly

the beat is really good and your emcee has very good flow/sense of rhythm. but if you want me to be honest, you really really need to get him in to record again, preferably after getting him sucked off, into a scuffle, and halfway between one party and another. he sounds like he's reading off a piece of paper and there's no passion and i wouldn't even consider being this blunt if i didn't think he was one of the better emcees i've heard in a while at least potentially. his sense of timing is terrific and his lyrics are good too, but his delivery is just a monotone and could be so much better. the beat's nice, personally i think it's got the nuts to handle a much bigger snare and a constant splashy hat, ride, and crash cymbal accompaniment.

if i don't think something's strong i don't tend to comment on it much, i think you're really close to something that's really, really good here foly, which is why i'm saying this.

you may, of course, think my opinion ain't shit which is fair enough of course. good luck anyway

I'd agree with that, wicked tune but needs more feeling and inflection in the vocals.

I realised a few years back that the common factor between my favourite MCs is the fact that they pitch their voice up and down while rapping.

KRS 1 is a clissic example - he really pitches his voice up and down which I reckon is why he's sound so good

i tunes plays aif! probably the easiest!

@ chris and Johnny.............nice one for this, hes been guilty of it before, im a real fan of the tune so I wasnt really thinking of it but I will defo mention it!

great feedback!

I don't own Serato, i'm in the luddite crew!

Yeah it'll be fine in wavelab.

I'm not sat on the net too much at home these days though, I've just got into a bad habit of downloading rapidshare stuff at work recently cos my PC's on the other side of the firewall for some reason

its aiff coz its not been engineered or anything yet it was sent to me from oxford. you need to listen to it tho wax I value your opinion............and matt get yer finger oot! stop being such an emo!

I'm with Chris on this, my man needs to be a lot more emotive, he almost needs to be jumpin around and shouting in the vocal booth with this, needs to sound like he really believes what he's saying. Maybe its a confidence thing?

Rhythmically he's almost too tight for my liking if that makes sense, i like it when emcees are a little more sloppy when it comes to rapping over the beat, but i may just be saying that because pitch and timbre wise he's rigid. i can't really comment on his content because i don't really take note of what a lot of emcees are saying, only people like ice cube, common and nas seem to make me listen.

The drums could definitely do to be bigger too, it'll make it more dynamic, i think this tune needs to slap you in the face a bit when you listen to it. I really like the sampling/chopping on it, and it could be a HEAVY tune with a bit of work.