Good studio monitors on the cheap?

Good and cheap usually don't go together, but I'm thinking with this economy, or lack thereof, I might be able to hook up. Won't take advantage of somebody though, I hate that ish.

Anyways, got any good suggestions? Basically, I want something very accurate, as well as powered. It'd be cool if they were loud enough to use for gig monitors too, but that's not a huge concern. More interested in a tight sound.

BTW, I have been going through the old threads, I'm just curious if there are any new ones on the market that fit the bill.

Thanks.

Thanks for the info. Yeah, I should have listed a price range...around $200-$300 US.

I found several KRK RP8's used for about $250 a pair, but I'm also seeing lots of second hand powered Events going for about the same price range. Something tells me I should focus on the Events, plus I just found some 20/20s locally for $200. I know they're not powered, but for that price, I could just pick up an amp too. Any thoughts on other Events, like the TR8's or PS6?

Thanks.

I've got my eye on some Tannoy Reveal 5a's in cashconverters they been in there for months now. They want £150 for them, which is what they are going for roughly on ebay.

Anybody own/owned a pair??

I offered them a swap for my RC-20xl but they said they could only offer me £35 for the Loopstation!! Baaahahahaha yeah right!!

I found these on the sound on sound reader's ads mate. might be worth checking out for an additional £30 over some Reveals?

Alesis Monitor One Active MK2 Studio reference monitors. EX Demo..In absolutely mint condition. All Major credit/debit cards welcome.

£179.00. Phone Jason 07775 802929 or Email (Leeds, West Yorkshire) Trade 22/02/09

i got passive event 20/20 too, love them!

tannoy's should be alright too, but the alesis monitor one suck imo so you maybe should stay away from them. in fact when i bought monitors, i got the alesis monitor one first and they sounded quite horrible to me so i sent them back the same day and got the event 20/20 instead.

i think as it was the passive ones. all i remember is they sounded real bad to me and i got that "damn what have i spent my money on" feeling and phoned the store immediately to get them replaced by the 20/20s. i had esi near 05 before and the alesis seemed to sound worse than those, especially the bass sounded totally blurry.

I've got my eye on some Tannoy Reveal 5a's in cashconverters they been in there for months now. They want £150 for them, which is what they are going for roughly on ebay.

Anybody own/owned a pair??

yeah, we got a pair at waxworks...

theyre pretty good actually...i would recommend, especially at that price!!

behringer truths are tight as well....i know - behringer = but theyre in my opinion better than the tannoys...slightly more expensive tho.