Dv Collab Mix 2 will it ever happen?

mattnice

fuck it, if its not passed to steve by end of tomorrow, why don't we just finish it, without bfresh?

I downloaded the version of the mix without bfresh's part earlier. There's a loud click/crack sound at the beginning of the file, the levels are all over the place, and someone's obviously compressed it, normalised it, EQed it, or some shit. My section of the mix at the start is peaking way down at -9db, where originally it peaked close to 0db plus it doesn't sound as bright as it did - like someone's taken some of the high end out - and the last couple of people's sections are loud and clipping.

*SIGH*

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tbh I know its bad, But I dont care anymore.

Its like wdf?

If it sounds that shit... I think we should just scrap it. Whats the point of having something shit, that took us so long to produce.

Like what do we have to show for it?

its just stupid.. It is so fucking stupid.

I could prob rant for longer but I am too tired too.

fuck it, if its not passed to steve by end of tomorrow, why don't we just finish it, without bfresh?

I downloaded the version of the mix without bfresh's part earlier. There's a loud click/crack sound at the beginning of the file, the levels are all over the place, and someone's obviously compressed it, normalised it, EQed it, or some shit. My section of the mix at the start is peaking way down at -9db, where originally it peaked close to 0db plus it doesn't sound as bright as it did - like someone's taken some of the high end out - and the last couple of people's sections are loud and clipping.

*SIGH*

surely we can sort this.. bit more work granted, but everyone holds a copy which gets progressively longer. so instead of some bullshit suggestion to name and shame we get all the files together, most recent first, analyse, see at which point it went tits, and attempt to patch it together.

The mix gets louder towards the end it's very noticeable just by looking at the wave, someone doesn't know about levels...

Not that i can speak, i know...but have no fear i WILL, thats a guarantee, i'll say it again... i WILL be forwarding it to Steve 2nite - if its not too late.

Gotta say tho i've checked my contract for this mix and it don't say nuthin about a deadline, nor did it say people with little/no time on their hands need not apply...i hate waitin for things just like the next man, but fuuck mane i got less whinging off my ex-missus.

Sorry for the delay.

Gotta say tho i've checked my contract for this mix and it don't say nuthin about a deadline, nor did it say people with little/no time on their hands need not apply...

well said benji... :(( :(( :((

Haha Nice way to Bitch things up than Apologize.

No true there was no "time limit" But considering that Everyones been waiting on this "Amazing" mix Since last Month, Wouldn't it be common sense to tell people If or Not you were going to take forever on it ?

You insisted on being last... Why do it If you knew You wouldn't be able to do it. within a reasonable time .. And plus Its 5 mins How long do you want?

Plus its not fair that Most people Did Turn there bit around in a good time... And made an effort.

Haha

Love Whining cow x

Yeah True...

If it sounds good It will be worth it

worth what? a bit of a wait? cheap at half the price...

I know I was taking the piss a bit about delays and that, but at the end of the day I only expended a certain amouint of effort on the mix, so it's not like it's killing me that it's taking a while to finish.

I've did my bit, sat back and waited, the finished mix will appear at some point, it will sound nice, and nobody lost a bollock...

Sweet 8)