Serato 1.9 released!

djdiggla

Live Feeds, 6 sample banks and playlist history!!

EDIT: I'm gonna be really mad if you need the Rane 57... I'm already mad u have to have it for video-SL

Serato unveil new performance tools in Scratch Live 1.9

Auckland, New Zealand (January 15th, 2009) - New for 2009, Serato Scratch Live 1.9 now arms DJs with more tools than ever. This free upgrade places a stunning array of features at DJ’s fingertips, enabling creative possibilities never seen before. Major new features include SP-6 Sample Player, LiveFeed, native MEP-7000 support, Loop Roll, enhanced History, and support for Video-SL 1.1.

The new SP-6 Sample Player adds six extra audio players that can be triggered with the computer keyboard or a MIDI controller, turning compatible Rane hardware into a high performance sampler.

Brand new in Scratch Live 1.9 is a groundbreaking feature called LiveFeed, taking live external audio and placing it directly on a Scratch Live virtual deck, all in real time. The DJ has instant control of live external audio with Vinyl, CD or MIDI.

“LiveFeed gives DJs a live stream of audio to mess with, the creative possibilities are really endless,” reports General Manager, Sam Gribben.

The Pioneer MEP-7000 gains plug-and-play native support, joining the popular Pioneer CDJ-400 as a Scratch Live control surface. Control CDs are not required, and song data is shown directly on the MEP-7000’s displays.

Loop Roll adds an interesting new stutter effect, which can also be used in conjunction with the new LiveFeed feature.

The History function now keeps a comprehensive record of every track played, during every gig. This is a real time saver for professional DJs who need to log their sessions.

Album Art is also added to the virtual deck in Scratch Live, assisting with rapid song identification.

Scratch Live 1.9 also adds offline video playback, in conjunction with the Video-SL 1.1 plug-in, also being shown at NAMM 2009. This feature lets Serato Video-SL users manage effects, cue and loop points for their videos without hardware connected. Video-SL 1.1 adds support for the Rane SL 1 and Rane MP 4.

A public beta of Scratch Live 1.9 is available from www.serato.com

surely they will make you buy the 57 to do this

i saw a second hand one go for 750 the other day. madness.

apparently there;s a bit of software that does tracklists for you already, having an inbuilt one is cool- typing up 6 hour set playlists is a bit of a bind!

yeah your probably right

the loop roll thing, is that like the thing in traktor- i've always liked that

the problem i have with serato is it is so inaccurate in calculating bpm's quite often the autoloop function cuts the loop wrong. so from having a perfect blend, autolooping one, you then go out of sync.

yeah your probably right

the loop roll thing, is that like the thing in traktor- i've always liked that

the problem i have with serato is it is so inaccurate in calculating bpm's quite often the autoloop function cuts the loop wrong. so from having a perfect blend, autolooping one, you then go out of sync.

If you have 1.8.3 you already have the loop roll thing hidden, to access it create a new folder and call it this is how i roll and a little message will come up saying loop roll active or something.

What you needed to do then is click the little arrows where you have the 5 loop modes show across until it's showing the smallest loops (1/32, 1/16. 1/8, 1/4, 1/2 I think) not Ctrl+Alt+[number] triggers rolling loops (numbers 1-5 left deck, 6-0 right deck). Basically what it does is when you hold down the key it will loop at what ever rate corresponds the the number key but when you release the key the track will carry on playing form the point the track would be at if you had just left it playing so basically you can do mad glitchy effects and stuff while keeping in time...it's fucking great and I've been using it quite a bit ever since I found out about it.

Only in beta so I will wait, but still exciting. I hear u will not have to have a 57 (thank gawd) but still do I figure for video-SL which is crap.

I hear ya Matt on the bpm being wrong often. I also find that if I try and fix songs via tapping it out myself it will work but as soon as I play the track a second time the bpm reverts despite if lib-lock is on or off... Stupid. I just updated recently so maybe that has been fixed now.

thank fucking god, they've finally got the history function...when recording spontanous mixes it's been a huge pain in the fucking ass to do a tracklist.../quote]

Word!

Looking forward to this, sampler will be velly nice. Serato video is dope but it's a thirsty fooker in the graphics department you need a video card with at least 128mb dedicated graphics and one that supports directx 10. I only get to have a mess wit it when my mate brings his new lappy round.

I really gotta hand it to serato, every time they add new features to live they are fucking great features. Each time the add stuff I go "wow, I didn't know I wanted that but now I've got it I'm going be using it all the fucking time" but without the new feature I still feel I have a complete package so when the release updates with just bug fixes I'm happy to!

Good fucking work by these guys, you can tell that they actually care about what they are doing and the customers and the quality of the product benefits from it hugely!