vci 300?

Giraffe Dung

shall i fuck off the american audio qd-5 that's on the way without even opening it and get one of these instead? looks sexy as hell for a portable setup. i bought a str8-100 and aforementioned mixer because i missed scratching, the turntable is fucked (key correction stuck on) which is annoying, i might be able to get money back from paypal for it, not heard back from seller, but the mixer is coming, i might not even open it so i can sell it bnib and not lose anything or lose very little, then buy this. would be cool to have a turntable too, so that i can sample and scratch properly, but instead of a mixer use the vci300 as the crossfader, which i'm sure you can do seeing as it has an audio in and there was that video of troubl using the vci100 as a crossfader. perhaps a further look is required but what do you reckon? it seems maybe slightly expensive but at the same time a fair price to pay for a complete portable all in one, shit i could get a ghetto blaster with big batteries and fuck with this ANYWHERE for a few hours on a full laptop charge, how cool would that be?! oh the turntable would only be for sampling and in room scratching, not a part of the normal portable setup.

bump... i know i oughtn't really have bought the deck and mixer really. however if i stay in the same place for just under two more months, which is the plan i suppose, then it will be nice to be able to scratch. if i were to sell both off when i move and kiss goodbye to proper scratching this wouldn't be too hard to justify, as it's not too bad to get into a suitcase and it would be so cool to be able to set up parties and stuff. or do you think i'd just get jumped if i went to a public place with a laptop and an expensive looking controller? other backpackers have said it's a daft idea, i don't really think i'm going to make a good backpacker to be honest.

Why didn't you just mail me for an answer? The VCI-300 isn't out yet, and I'm not quite sure when it will be out - possibly a month.

But yes - you suck at backpacking. Isn't the whole point to leave behind the trappings of civilisation and enjoy the journey? Seems you've fucked off to the other side of the planet to empty your bank account and do shittier scratching.

well i did think about mailing you, but then i thought you read the forum anyway and would think it weird that i was pushing you for a personal reply when i could post here and get opinions from more than one person...

the release date is imminent, right? it's certainly close enough to think about it rather than pipedream it, i doubt they'll sell out wii style... i hope.

as for backpacking, yes i do. suck, that is. i think there's an inherent problem in that i am not designed to be a backpacker, i didn't necessarily come out here to see the world as much as be a bit warmer and get away from england, my logic was i had no plans so why not have no plans in another country... it's like £15 a night here to sleep in a room with 5-11 other people and share a bathroom, which i find astounding and pretty much typical of the backpacker mindset, which tends to be 'i'm young, i'm stupid, woooooooooooooooooooo'. i swear i'm old before my years, which is all the more annoying because people all place me at just 18 and that's probably because they know i couldn't work in a bar if i was less, it gets frustating when gap year people try and drop knowledge and i have to at some point in the evening subtly drop in the fact i'm 23 and i did uni already in order to get them to stop...

anyway technically i'm not a backpacker at the moment because i am with family, and i am thinking about never being a backpacker and just renting a flat when i find somewhere nice. i am hoping either sydney or melbourne is going to be a goer.

yeah i know. i just kinda thought of australia as another city really. and not only am i on more than i was before, i post even more shite than i used to. i'm disillusioned with everything from music to people to whatever else used to make me tick and can't think of or be bothered to post anything interesting, and to top it all off i'm getting crushes like a schoolboy all the time and it's no good for me, it'sa fuckin weith my mentals cousin. i'm supposed to be an adult and i've never felt more like a confused yoot.

funny story though today at the bar a girl asked if i'd like to buy her thong and i dropped all the ashtrays and then noticed she was waving her foot with a flip flop she'd found over her high heel. smooooooth as hell.

it gets frustating when gap year people try and drop knowledge and i have to at some point in the evening subtly drop in the fact i'm 23 and i did uni already in order to get them to stop...

Haha. I'm looking forward to have knowledge dropped on me by gap year-folk this september so I can giggle.

Oh and get the midi controller :)

• 6 months later...