DJ/scratch Battles in england

Jon

I was just wondering if anyone knows what battles happen regularly in the uk (around london preferably) other than the dmc battles? I know about the gong battle that happened a couple of years back but i've heard nothing about a second one. Is there a uk version of the straight scratch battles that occur in other countries like france's ccf battles or the one derive entered in the states?

cheers

I think matt is say he wants to enter.

There seems to be a bit of a shortage of battles over here apart from dmc...maybe with should organise a Dusty Vagina one.

There seems to be a bit of a shortage of battles over here apart from dmc...maybe with should organise a Dusty Vagina one.

I'm up for that. All out scratch battle?

Guest loop skywalker

There is a huge shortage of dj battles,the main reason is it is a money pit.Its a massive pain in the arse to get sponsorship.....even the mighty WSTC battles really struggled last time out which is why it dont happen too regular.Any promoter puting on a dj battle will have a really hard time as they just aint a money making thing....more like a money loser which is a shame...im guessing battles just aint popular no more.

I think the trick is to just have some local, low key ones...just as practice if you want to do major ones and for a bit of fun...use a cheap bar somewhere, have a dj play some good tunes before and after the battle, make the prize £50 or something and get a tramp off the street to judge it.

If interest picks up then great, if not then no loss (well minimal loss). I'd quite happily put something like that on round here but it's fucking miles away from anyone on here so I can really see it being much help.

I'm up for that. All out scratch battle?

you skratch my back, I'll do yours..

There is a huge shortage of dj battles,the main reason is it is a money pit.Its a massive pain in the arse to get sponsorship.....even the mighty WSTC battles really struggled last time out which is why it dont happen too regular.Any promoter puting on a dj battle will have a really hard time as they just aint a money making thing....more like a money loser which is a shame...im guessing battles just aint popular no more.

The thing in irealand which I mentioned above was rammed out. Absolutely heaving with people aging from about 15 through to 50. Afterwards there wa s afunk DJ playing 45s and it totally went off too.

The sponson was a local butcher and the prize was a bag of meat and veg.

Difference is nobody gave a fuck. Not done for prizes or to be cool or anything. Simply out of the love. You'll never see that in shitty london.

Standard was crazy. Guy who won the freestyle was easily in the top 3 scratchers I have ever seen in person.

The showcase round where you can use whatever equiptment, had probs a coupel of the best routines I have ever seen. A loopstation routine which shits on any that I have seen on the net or anywhere. Best I have ever seen.

I honestly didn't realise that anything like this went on anymore. Restored my faith a little.