tears

Clicks alternating with tears can be a bit of a bitch to get the hang of but diceing (clicking on the tear) is surprisingly easy and it may be worth having a go at that if you want to start combining the too. Prizms are all about dicing!

Clicks alternating with tears can be a bit of a bitch to get the hang of but diceing (clicking on the tear) is surprisingly easy and it may be worth having a go at that if you want to start combining the too. Prizms are all about dicing!

by clicking on the tear do you mean just cutting the sound out whenever the record stops on the 2b motion? if so, care to give some variations of this. i can do tears while cutting out the sound whenever the record motion stops but don't have any ideas for neat variations of it.

by clicking on the tear do you mean just cutting the sound out whenever the record stops on the 2b motion? if so, care to give some variations of this. i can do tears while cutting out the sound whenever the record motion stops but don't have any ideas for neat variations of it.

Yes that's exactly what I mean, as for variations, you just gotta combine them with un-diced tears, babies chirp and transforms to get some interesting combos. The only specific one I can think of is a prizm which goes like this:

start with the fader open

push the record forward and close the fader (like the first half of a chirp)

open the fader and pull the record back

stop the record (tear) and close the fader

open the fader and pull the record back again

push the record forward

stop the record (tear) and close the fader

open the fader and push the record forward again closing the fader at the end

open the fader and pull the record back (like the last half of a chirp)

repeat.

So the record movement is f.b.b f.f.b with the click where the .s are (2 click motion).

lol i have a love hate relationship with that DVD

i learned so much from it but even now when i listen to it I still can get my scratches sounding like Qs. he'll just be doing something and your like 'yeah that was easy' then he'll bust some amazing shit that i cant do and carry on like it was nothing (which to him i guess it is)

cheers X2k, will have a better look later got no time to practise my dissertations in tomorrow and its shit!