Pattern 1

x2k

Here's a little pattern for you, I not sure if it has been given a name so I'll call it Pattern 1 for now.

Again we'll just be using just the first 2 beats of the bar on both records (a kick and a snare). Cue both records up to the first beat or kick of the bar and put the fader across to the right hand deck.

Let the right hand record go so you hear the kick then 1/16 note before the snare plays, cut the fader across to the left hand deck and let the left record play the kick for 1/16 note, then quickly push the fader back across to the right deck to let the snare play. As the snare plays pull the left hand record back to the kick and push the fader across and let it play 1/8th note after the snare had hit. Let the kick play for a whole beat as you bring the right record back to the kick, push the fader back the right and let the kick play for an 1/8 note. As the kick plays hold (tap) the left record at the snare then push the fader back to the left and let the snare play for the last beat of the bar. As the snare play spin back the right record to the kick and you ready to repeat the pattern.

post-28-1207300837.jpg

There's a little suprise at the end of the video, on the last bar I do a little fill. If you can't work out how I do it give me a shout and I'll explain it to you.

• 2 weeks later...

this pattern does not change the order of cue points between left and right turntable correct? meaning, if you start with your left table as the first kick, and fill in 16th note kicks with the right, once youve played your pattern, you still begin with the left table. its almost as if one table is always going to be the snare, as opposed to alternating the designation.

That is correct. Obviously to open up more possibilities with juggling you should learn 1 sided patterns like this on both sides, so once you can do it try and learn to do it starting on the other turntable instead.

balls, never thought of that!

nearly got these patterns done on one side now, cheers x2k your tutoriasl were really handy, im afraid i aint to good at watching videos and copying em so was really useful

Nice one, it's always nice when someone gets something from these...just remember the main the main thing about beat juggling is coming up with your own routines and patterns, these are just some things to try and start to expand on!