SA-RA Creative Partners

Seith

Are these guys supposed to be some sort of sexual cult music or something?

"The future is SA-RA..."

"SA-RA Creative Partners is a collection of musicians, producers and executives from New York and Los Angeles"

"Don't be afraid of our sound..."

and they keep referring to themselves as "We" i.e. "We are so appreciative of your early support in having us on your radio show..."

It's on some freaky alien religion shit... but it sounds pretty groovy... i'm just wondering about the story behind these guys

• 2 weeks later...

haha...werd werd. Sa-Ra have definately been making a lot of noise lately. I would assume because there are three of them in the group that they usually use "we" and "us" and what not...here's a review of one of their 12"'s that came out last year....

TAKEN FROM TURNTABLELAB.COM

When I first heard this CDR last year I knew immediately that something special was up. This is the first real SA RA benchmark, created before and intended for release before the recent Ubiquity single. In my opinion, this is definitely a contender to be one of the top records of the year. "Glorious(1)" is a modern call to armz that could be read as a commentary on W's Jesus fueled madness; but truly it's a call for us to look at life in a more glorious way and celebrate. It's also a sure fire club hit tried and tested for months at Rude Movements parties alongside 20 or so other SA RA killers. Think Jay Dee in a spaceship with Sly & The Family Stone, Sun Ra and an orgy and you're part the way there. ABB has hit gold here. If SA RA don't blow like I think they can, this will still remain a gem much in the same way as Jay Dee's oft bootlegged, early productions for Slum Village have retained interest. SA RA have become less Jay Dee sounding since this, and future releases will reveal how totally unique they are. Truly words do not capture how special this record is. Fuck hype, fuck what this review says. Use your ears - if they are functioning correctly you'll know it's brilliant and buy it (ed.note: sheesh... this might be the Lab review with the most hype ever, even after editing half a body's worth of it. It's only an EP!). Also includes the tracks: "Daylight(2), Rosebuds(3), Wonderful(4)," and 2 instrumental versions. Limited edition version with pink viny. -Gamall Rude Movements

CLICK HERE TO LISTEN TO "GLORIOUS"