sum new cuts for your ass

'kin 'ell this file is hot

i recall reading you have been cuttin for about a year (i think)

well you appear to have MANY years of cut skills.

impressive.

hearing this first thing in the morning makes me wanna go scratch. but i am at work for the next 8 hours.

damn!!!!!! thanks guys

and yea 2nd hand i started skratchin last FEBRUARY

i dont know what the big deal is.... if youre really focused into something you want to be amazing @t and if you cant settle for being shitty then you'll be good. plus im blessed that i have strong musical genes but no where near the par i want to be. i dont know if i'll ever get insanely good @ skratching coz there are so many other instruments out there that i haven't even touched yet. ie: the sitar

Tyra

Guest Deeswift

The file is OK, but the last one had better flow, I think it was called "Gross". That was a good file. It's obvious you have a musical ear because there's composition to your cuts, you use hooks and things which is a good thing, rather than just random cutting. I guess your experience with other instruments really helps you as it did with me. All there is to do is learn the techniques and transfer your knowledge of structure and rhythm across.

Do you play drums, btw?

aw yeah dont worry i got a mouth load off of sigma. sayin my cuts are whack but you guys expect too much outta me sometimes. i cant be qberta in less than a year aight but yeah constructive criticism is good sometimes cuz most of the time i get my ass kissed. no i dont play acoustic drums but i've got a drum machine that i incorporate into my songs thats about as close as i'll get to percussions right now but i'm thinkin of buyin a set as soon as i get a job. i play keys and guitar/bass. thanks again.

aw yeah dont worry i got a mouth load off of sigma. sayin my cuts are whack but you guys expect too much outta me sometimes.

Hehe. I'm just jealous cos you're better than me! As I said to you, your cuts are wicked but a little repetitive at times.

To me, a lot of people who started DJing recently and have become good are excellent at all the "new" cuts like 2-click flares and crabs etc. but don't incorporate older cuts like simple tears and stabs because they perhaps don't practice the basic stuff as much. That was the only point I was trying to make - you're far from "whack". You've got plenty of skill on the cut, but don't forget that the simple techniques can also sound great in the right place.