Semi Ok Half Decent Budget Monitors/Speakes

I don't know if they have them in the UK, but look into the Tascam VLS-21s. Not the best sound quality, but they're fine for scratching and listening. I use them for that. But yeah, not the greatest for making beats, but if they're not used for mixdowns, I don't really see the problem.

i couldn't say for sure on any of these but

http://www.dolphinmusic.co.uk/?m_manufactu...lter_type=basic

there are at least a few choices. i would guess that the edirol ma15-ds will have the best sound and the behringer and m-audio will be the loudest but they're just generalised guesses... for under a ton there's not going to be much difference between the good ones, they're all going to be 'okay' at best for serious monitoring purposes but you should definitely be able to get some that are loud and crisp. the edirol's bass enhancer will be handy for listening or scratching purposes because the monitors in general will probably be a bit flat in comparison to stereo ones, but obviously you'll get more bang for buck just getting active monitors and no cd player or whatever. if there's anywhere near by that you can test then i would, you won't really get how good they are for monitoring but you'll get a sense of the loudness and bass response. plus if you can find somewhere try your best to lean on them for a deal, sound control can easily knock 15% off most of its stuff if not 25% in my experience.

i'll have a scout around in a bit and see if i can find some evidence of a 'best in class' type solution bro...

Cheers men.

I ended up just buying the Alesis Monitor One MK2 Pasive speakers but the guy gave me the wrong ones and gave me the active ones instead.

Anway I got a pair opf £220 speakers for £97. Sweet.

Lol, fucking get in there!