DMC team results

Steve

i had em down to win personally, it was the most exciting turntable set in my book- felt less like a 'manual sampler' thing than the others, who weren't really doing much. i'd have put uk second though. generally i thought it was a bit weak.

same all round. shame really.

however i have a great night out planned in hull on the 19th with 2 great clubs to go to so if anyone's interested then <bruza>belllll meeeee</bruza>

:p

p.s. will give a better synopsis of the night tomorrow when i have woken up/sobered up

u were there??? I was with cable, furious p and furio the majority of the night must have missed you. if you're going tommorow i'll prob be with the same crowd so hit me up if you see me

did the cameras show red jacket from trauma team (scratch science) doing thumbs down motions when the winning team went on stage? trauma team were my favourite although i think the japan team deserved it. the disablists' midnight in a perfect world routine was beautiful.

I missed the majority of supremecy so couldn't comment.

I missed it. Lamont, while you're here, can you tell me which record you're using at 1:50 in this video please?

Is it the same one that Pfel is using here?

Cheers.

I can answer this one for you

Yes, it is the same record. It's Flyin Saucer III from C2C... the same one Muzz used.

What about the supremacy battle?

It was won by the US guy shiftee I think. france were second. I thought

it was pretty forgetable, most people on the scratchworx chat agreed.

I thought the disablists should have placed. I was'nt that keen on exodus

musically. Don't know if it was just hard to see on the stream but could'nt

work out what a lot of the teams were doing, not a lot of scratching in there

to be honest.

I liked the japanese though I think they deserved it.

Amir khan was on at the same time so was trying to watch both LOL.

Just my opinions, I ain't that up on it all but thought I'd chip in.

I'm looking forward to tonight, although I am not terribly keen on the

hard electronic European style that a lot of people are doing. I like

it funky, but we'll see.

I am not terribly keen on the

it funky, but we'll see.

my thoughts exactly, the only hiphop i heard on the nights was from the 'long haired lover from liverpool' (the guy playing music during setting up for those who didnn't tune in)

I am not terribly keen on the

it funky, but we'll see.

my thoughts exactly, the only hiphop i heard on the nights was from the 'long haired lover from liverpool' (the guy playing music during setting up for those who didnn't tune in)

yeah, i'm the same on that score, thats why i prefer the 90s guys like babu, rob swift etc

Well, i don't know where to start...

after 8 years of cutting and finally moving to london, this was my first chance to see the world finals

disappointed. Not that I didn't expect what I saw, instead that it essentially confirmed my suspicions.

it was weak.

from the quality of the DJing to the organisation.

The crowd were fucking clever trendy wankers who didnt dance, but then how could they dance to the music played? pure head nodding noodly wank.

"dirt off your shoulder" got its 514343th juggle.

there were several netik biters.

the judging i dont think I need to even go into.

tony prince on point with the racial generalisations, and mocking the people who didnt speaka zee engleesh.

i think the thing that pissed me off most was the absurdity of the whole thing. the pantomime-esque posturing of not the DJs, but DMC as an organisation. lol. "organisation".

the advert breaks, the namechecking of all the sponsors, the bigging up of CALVIN KLEIN CK ONE.

the 10,000 USD as prize money, as 5000 quid just doesn't sound as much

the fucking "special edition" advert for the iron man film that is coming out that was played in the break while the team entries were being judged "as a special favour from marvel comics to the turntablist community" , despite the advert being on youtube and the apple website for what the past three weeks or so.

the disablists' set was shit in the first half, whereas the second half of their set was surprisingly shit-hot. kireek deserved to win the teams hands down.

shiftee did not deserve to win the supremacy imo, and or d'eurve was the crowd favourite in the final, even though he sounded very netik-esque.

every result got booed, tony prince got booed when he said "listen, the judges may be fallible, but you guys in the crowd are INFALLIBLE." to which he got booed more.

the ortofon dude got booed when he said they made the best needles. then got booed harder when he said congrats to shiftee for taking the award back to new york where it belongs.

i went home bitter and pissed. my flatmate and i had to laugh at the absurdity of it all.

and now I've paid money do go and see the finals tonight.

if rafik doesnt win there is going to be a riot.

p.s. will give a better synopsis of the night tomorrow when i have woken up/sobered up

u were there??? I was with cable, furious p and furio the majority of the night must have missed you. if you're going tommorow i'll prob be with the same crowd so hit me up if you see me

did the cameras show red jacket from trauma team (scratch science) doing thumbs down motions when the winning team went on stage? trauma team were my favourite although i think the japan team deserved it. the disablists' midnight in a perfect world routine was beautiful.

sup man, yeah i was there... going again tonight. saw cable at the very end.

if you're going tonight cable has my number, would be cool to link mate

sup man, yeah i was there... going again tonight. saw cable at the very end.

if you're going tonight cable has my number, would be cool to link mate

word ill hit u up :)

the reason for all the netik sound alikes is that le jad produced a lot of peoples' custom records this year and to be fair to him ordeurve had been working with le jad before netik did last year.

word about the iron man thing, tony claimed it was a world premier when mny mate had showed me the exact same trailer weeks back and some of tony's statements didnt do him any favours :S

anyhoo i gotta catch my train to london, catch y'all later!